new Columbus, OH user group

From
"Hunley, Douglas"
Hi all:
I'm in the process of launching said group. Our first meeting won't be until Jan 24th, 2017 due to the upcoming holiday scheduling frenzy, but I have already setup our Twitter (@pgCMH) and our Meetup (https://www.meetup.com/postgresCMH/). We'll be meeting on the 4th Tues of every month thereafter. We're calling ourselves pgCMH, and we've even got our own elephant logo. :)

I've set the date and time for the first mtg, gotten a local company to let us use their space for the foreseeable future, my employer picked up the Meetup fee and the pizza. I made the initial mtg announcement on Twitter and Meetup and we've even gotten some RSVPs already. Can we get added to the PUGS page? I registered a community account (pgCMH) specific to the pug, submitted the first mtg as an event (or rather, tried. I need pgCMH listed as an org on https://www.postgresql.org/account/orglist/, and am setting up a blog feed for planet as well.

Is there any step that I'm missing?
--
{
  "name" : "douglas j hunley",

Re: new Columbus, OH user group

From
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Date:
Hi Douglas,

I'm in the process of launching said group. Our first meeting won't be until Jan 24th, 2017 due to the upcoming holiday scheduling frenzy, but I have already setup our Twitter (@pgCMH) and our Meetup (https://www.meetup.com/postgresCMH/). We'll be meeting on the 4th Tues of every month thereafter. We're calling ourselves pgCMH, and we've even got our own elephant logo. :)

Awesome - congrats!

I've set the date and time for the first mtg, gotten a local company to let us use their space for the foreseeable future, my employer picked up the Meetup fee and the pizza. I made the initial mtg announcement on Twitter and Meetup and we've even gotten some RSVPs already. Can we get added to the PUGS page? I registered a community account (pgCMH) specific to the pug, submitted the first mtg as an event (or rather, tried. I need pgCMH listed as an org on https://www.postgresql.org/account/orglist/, and am setting up a blog feed for planet as well.

I’ve added pgCMH to the PUGs page (will be available after next cache purge), but I did not see pgCMH in the account list queue.  Per our announcement rules, you can announce your initial PUG meetup on the global events page.

Is there any step that I'm missing?

Because you are a US-based PUG, PgUS can help you in various ways.  I will reach out in a separate email.

Thanks!

Jonathan