Patch - 9.6 Release Translations links

From
"Rader, David"
Date:
On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Josh berkus <josh@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 09/30/2016 10:10 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
>> But maybe something along the line of what we do for docs version - with a
>> set of links at the top of each presskit showing which other languages it
>> exists in?
>
> This is similar to what we do in the wiki, and IMO it's good enough.  +1
> for that approach.

If someone else has a chance to do this before Monday, be my guest.
Otherwise I'll tackle it then.

Here's a proposed patch that adds links to the top of each press kit page for the languages available. Looks like:

--
David Rader

Attachment

Re: Patch - 9.6 Release Translations links

From
"Rader, David"

On Friday, September 30, 2016, Rader, David <davidr@openscg.com> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Josh berkus <josh@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 09/30/2016 10:10 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
>> But maybe something along the line of what we do for docs version - with a
>> set of links at the top of each presskit showing which other languages it
>> exists in?
>
> This is similar to what we do in the wiki, and IMO it's good enough.  +1
> for that approach.

If someone else has a chance to do this before Monday, be my guest.
Otherwise I'll tackle it then.

Here's a proposed patch that adds links to the top of each press kit page for the languages available. Looks like:

--
David Rader
Just following up ... did this make sense to apply?

David Rader

Attachment

Re: [press-regional] Patch - 9.6 Release Translations links

From
Josh berkus
Date:
On 10/06/2016 03:51 PM, Rader, David wrote:

>     --
>     David Rader
>     davidr@openscg.com <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','davidr@openscg.com');>
>
> Just following up ... did this make sense to apply?

Looks good to me.  Magnus?  Alvaro?

Re: [press-regional] Patch - 9.6 Release Translations links

From
Magnus Hagander

On Oct 7, 2016 6:55 PM, "Josh berkus" <josh@postgresql.org> wrote:

> On 10/06/2016 03:51 PM, Rader, David wrote:
> >

> >     --
> >     David Rader
> >     davidr@openscg.com <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','davidr@openscg.com');>
> >
> > Just following up ... did this make sense to apply?
>
> Looks good to me.  Magnus?  Alvaro?

I think the big question is do we want to maintain this manually, or do we want to teach the system about adding them automatically?

You would be the one who end up maintaining them so basically - do you feel confident enough that it's a good idea to deal with it manually, and manually update it across the board whenever something changes?

/Magnus

Date:
On 10/10/2016 07:23 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Oct 7, 2016 6:55 PM, "Josh berkus" <josh@postgresql.org
> <mailto:josh@postgresql.org>> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/06/2016 03:51 PM, Rader, David wrote:
>> >

>> >     --
>> >     David Rader
>> >     davidr@openscg.com <mailto:davidr@openscg.com>
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','davidr@openscg.com
> <mailto:davidr@openscg.com>');>
>> >
>> > Just following up ... did this make sense to apply?
>>
>> Looks good to me.  Magnus?  Alvaro?
>>

> I think the big question is do we want to maintain this manually, or do
> we want to teach the system about adding them automatically?
>
> You would be the one who end up maintaining them so basically - do you
> feel confident enough that it's a good idea to deal with it manually,
> and manually update it across the board whenever something changes?

Well, I have two other translations I've been sitting on, waiting for
this patch to get accepted or not.

My thinking would be to do this manually this time.  I don't think we
have any volunteers to make it work automatically.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)

Re: [pgsql-www] Re: [press-regional] Patch - 9.6 Release Translations links

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 10/10/2016 09:55 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 10/10/2016 07:23 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Oct 7, 2016 6:55 PM, "Josh berkus" <josh@postgresql.org
>> <mailto:josh@postgresql.org>> wrote:

>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','davidr@openscg.com
>> <mailto:davidr@openscg.com>');>

>>> Looks good to me.  Magnus?  Alvaro?
>>>

>> I think the big question is do we want to maintain this manually, or do
>> we want to teach the system about adding them automatically?
>>
>> You would be the one who end up maintaining them so basically - do you
>> feel confident enough that it's a good idea to deal with it manually,
>> and manually update it across the board whenever something changes?
>
> Well, I have two other translations I've been sitting on, waiting for
> this patch to get accepted or not.
>
> My thinking would be to do this manually this time.  I don't think we
> have any volunteers to make it work automatically.

Um, hello?  Is this going to get applied, or not?  I'd like to put up
the Indonesian and German translations.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)

Re: [pgsql-www] Re: [press-regional] Patch - 9.6 Release Translations links

From
"Joshua D. Drake"

> Um, hello?  Is this going to get applied, or not?  I'd like to put up
> the Indonesian and German translations.

Lots of people are at various conferences (including Vision) right now.

Sincerely,

JD

                         +1-503-667-4564
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.

Date: