commitfest app/wikipage bug

From
Ross Reedstrom
Date:
I noticed an issue with the commitfest app/page. This wiki page:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch

links to this:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/inprogress

Which redirects to:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/inprogress/

Which doesn't exist.

Is there some way to link to the current commitfest?

Ross
--
Ross Reedstrom, Ph.D.                                 reedstrm@rice.edu
Systems Engineer & Admin, Research Scientist        phone: 713-348-6166

Re: commitfest app/wikipage bug

Date:
Ross Reedstrom <reedstrm@rice.edu> writes:
> I noticed an issue with the commitfest app/page. This wiki page:
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch

> links to this:

> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/inprogress

> Which redirects to:

> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/inprogress/

> Which doesn't exist.

> Is there some way to link to the current commitfest?

Right now there is no "in progress" commitfest.  I'd say the wiki page is
in error to assume there always is one, even if it's frequently seemed
that way over the past year ;-)
        regards, tom lane

Date:
On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 06:39:24PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Ross Reedstrom <reedstrm@rice.edu> writes:
> > I noticed an issue with the commitfest app/page. This wiki page:
> > https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch
>
> > links to this:
>
> > https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/inprogress
>
> > Which redirects to:
>
> > https://commitfest.postgresql.org/inprogress/
>
> > Which doesn't exist.
>
> > Is there some way to link to the current commitfest?
>
> Right now there is no "in progress" commitfest.  I'd say the wiki page is
> in error to assume there always is one, even if it's frequently seemed
> that way over the past year ;-)

Ah, right, that makes sense. I've updated the wiki page to mention the
possiblity that there is no current commitfest being reviewed.

Is the commitfest pages/webapp/whatever code public anywhere? I'd submit
a patch to make that redirect do the right thing under those conditions
(probably go to top-of-app, in lieu of anything better)

Ross
--
Ross Reedstrom, Ph.D.                                 reedstrm@rice.edu
Systems Engineer & Admin, Research Scientist        phone: 713-348-6166
Connexions                  http://cnx.org            fax: 713-348-3665
Rice University MS-375, Houston, TX 77005
GPG Key fingerprint = F023 82C8 9B0E 2CC6 0D8E  F888 D3AE 810E 88F0 BEDE

Re: commitfest app/wikipage bug

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date: