Channel operators for #postgresql-br ?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Guys,

I need to appoint some channel operators (managers) for the
#postgresql-br chat channel on irc.freenode.net.  Can you recommend 2
people?  They should be:

a. trusted by the postgresql.br community
b. frequently on IRC and on the #postgresql-br channel
c. familiar with IRC administration commands

User João Neto reported the lack of an operator to me, he suggested
himself, but I don't know him.

Thanks!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Channel operators for #postgresql-br ?

From
Euler Taveira
Date:
On 02-01-2014 22:08, Josh Berkus wrote:
> I need to appoint some channel operators (managers) for the
> #postgresql-br chat channel on irc.freenode.net.  Can you recommend 2
> people?  They should be:

Josh, I volunteered for it some time ago but I didn't have a response
from the freenode guys. At that time, Roberto Mello (the owner) had his
nick unregistered then we "lost" the channel.

> a. trusted by the postgresql.br community
> b. frequently on IRC and on the #postgresql-br channel
> c. familiar with IRC administration commands

Myself (eulerto)
Fernando Ike (fike)

--   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

Date:
On 01/05/2014 04:16 PM, Euler Taveira wrote:
> On 02-01-2014 22:08, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> I need to appoint some channel operators (managers) for the
>> #postgresql-br chat channel on irc.freenode.net.  Can you recommend 2
>> people?  They should be:
>>
> Josh, I volunteered for it some time ago but I didn't have a response
> from the freenode guys. At that time, Roberto Mello (the owner) had his
> nick unregistered then we "lost" the channel.
>
>> a. trusted by the postgresql.br community
>> b. frequently on IRC and on the #postgresql-br channel
>> c. familiar with IRC administration commands
>>
> Myself (eulerto)
> Fernando Ike (fike)

Oh, I forgot about one other requirement: those nicks need to be
registered on Freenode (with passwords).  Are they?

--

Date:
On 06-01-2014 17:00, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 01/05/2014 04:16 PM, Euler Taveira wrote:
>> On 02-01-2014 22:08, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> I need to appoint some channel operators (managers) for the
>>> #postgresql-br chat channel on irc.freenode.net.  Can you recommend 2
>>> people?  They should be:
>>>
>> Josh, I volunteered for it some time ago but I didn't have a response
>> from the freenode guys. At that time, Roberto Mello (the owner) had his
>> nick unregistered then we "lost" the channel.
>>
>>> a. trusted by the postgresql.br community
>>> b. frequently on IRC and on the #postgresql-br channel
>>> c. familiar with IRC administration commands
>>>
>> Myself (eulerto)
>> Fernando Ike (fike)
>
> Oh, I forgot about one other requirement: those nicks need to be
> registered on Freenode (with passwords).  Are they?

Yes, you can check it on NickServ.

--   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

Re: Channel operators for #postgresql-br ?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Euler,

>>> Myself (eulerto)
>>> Fernando Ike (fike)

I see you on channel some of the time, but I don't rememeber the last
time I saw Fike on IRC.  What about PatrickMello?  Is he related to Robert?

--

Date:
On 07-01-2014 15:13, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Euler,

> I see you on channel some of the time, but I don't rememeber the last
> time I saw Fike on IRC.  What about PatrickMello?  Is he related to Robert?

I saw fike a few weeks ago. I don't know if he is on vacation now.

I've never talked with PatrickMello. No, he is not related to Roberto Mello.

Date:
On 01/07/2014 01:17 PM, Euler Taveira wrote:
> On 07-01-2014 15:13, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Euler,

>> I see you on channel some of the time, but I don't rememeber the last
>> time I saw Fike on IRC.  What about PatrickMello?  Is he related to Robert?
>>
> I saw fike a few weeks ago. I don't know if he is on vacation now.
>
> I've never talked with PatrickMello. No, he is not related to Roberto Mello.

Current ops are: Euler, Fike, and Guedes.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.