pgfoundry down again

From
"Kevin Grittner"
Date:
"The connection was reset"

Re: pgfoundry down again

From
Peter Geoghegan
Date:
On 17 December 2012 13:33, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@mail.com> wrote:
> "The connection was reset"

Do you suppose it would be possible, with the consent of the various
authors of projects hosted on pgFoundry that are deemed still relevant
(not all are relevant in my opinion), to migrate to alternative
hosting? These outages are frequent enough that I think that such an
organised effort would be worthwhile.

--
Peter Geoghegan       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: pgfoundry down again

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 17 December 2012 13:33, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@mail.com> wrote:
>> "The connection was reset"
>
> Do you suppose it would be possible, with the consent of the various
> authors of projects hosted on pgFoundry that are deemed still relevant
> (not all are relevant in my opinion), to migrate to alternative
> hosting? These outages are frequent enough that I think that such an
> organised effort would be worthwhile.

The effort was started. In fairness, not to move to another specific
hosting, but to help people migrate to other options that exist, and
to deprecate and eventually shut down pgfoundry. AFAIK this was put on
hold when Marc decided to revive pgfoundry.

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: pgfoundry down again

From
Peter Geoghegan
Date:
On 17 December 2012 15:49, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> AFAIK this was put on
> hold when Marc decided to revive pgfoundry.

Perhaps it's time to take another look at it, then?

--
Peter Geoghegan       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: pgfoundry down again

From
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Date:
On Dec 17, 2012, at 10:56 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> On 17 December 2012 15:49, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> AFAIK this was put on
>> hold when Marc decided to revive pgfoundry.
>
> Perhaps it's time to take another look at it, then?

The migration effort?  In that case I would say yes, particularly because no one on -www has an administration
oversighton pgFoundry.  A good starting point would be to get a list of the currently active projects on pgFoundry and
reachout to the authors.

Jonathan