Re: pgfoundry down again - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pgfoundry down again
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 17 December 2012 13:33, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@mail.com> wrote:
>> "The connection was reset"
>
> Do you suppose it would be possible, with the consent of the various
> authors of projects hosted on pgFoundry that are deemed still relevant
> (not all are relevant in my opinion), to migrate to alternative
> hosting? These outages are frequent enough that I think that such an
> organised effort would be worthwhile.

The effort was started. In fairness, not to move to another specific
hosting, but to help people migrate to other options that exist, and
to deprecate and eventually shut down pgfoundry. AFAIK this was put on
hold when Marc decided to revive pgfoundry.

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/