incorrect claim regarding SE-Postgres

From
Andy Warner
Date:
href="http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.1">http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.1</a>)
PostgreSQLis the only database which offers full integration       with SELinux secure data frameworks.  Military-grade
security      for your database.

/>Please find more information at: <a

Re: incorrect claim regarding SE-Postgres

From
Selena Deckelmann
Date:
wrote:<br/> ><br /> > On your wiki (<a
href="http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.1">http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.1</a>)
databasewhich offers full integration <br /> >        with SELinux secure data frameworks.  Military-grade security
DBMShas full SELinux integration.<br /> > Please find more information at: <a
youchange this text on your wiki.<br /> ><br /> > If you have any further question you may submit them to

Date:
On Friday, February 17, 2012 at 6:22 AM, Selena Deckelmann wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2012 12:28 AM, "Andy Warner" <warner@rubix.com (mailto:warner@rubix.com)> wrote:
> >
> > On your wiki (http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.1) you have the following statement:
> >
> > SE-Postgres
> >
> > PostgreSQL is the only database which offers full integration
> > with SELinux secure data frameworks. Military-grade security
> > for your database.
> >

> > This statement is incorrect as the Trusted RUBIX DBMS has full SELinux integration.
> > Please find more information at: http://rubix.com/cms/policies/selinux
> >
> > I suggest you change this text on your wiki.
> >
> > If you have any further question you may submit them to me.
> Thanks for the heads up.
> Is rubix open source

Andy replied to me privately that RUBIX is not open source.

The claims about "full integration" aren't ones that I can test/verify, so we'll need feedback from the SE-Postgres
devson that. Kevin is responding to the other thread on pgsql-advocacy. Once both issues are resolved, we can update
thelanguage where appropriate.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com
@selenamarie

Re: incorrect claim regarding SE-Postgres

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
> Andy replied to me privately that RUBIX is not open source.
>
> The claims about "full integration" aren't ones that I can test/verify, so we'll need feedback from the SE-Postgres
devson that. Kevin is responding to the other thread on pgsql-advocacy. Once both issues are resolved, we can update
thelanguage where appropriate.

Well, for that matter, the statement about SEPostgres was true at the
time 9.1 was released (TrustedRUBIX was not released until November
2011), so I'm not sure changing the language on the wiki is even
appropriate.  If we do change it, then I suggest simply changing the
word "only" to "first".

Of course, I'm tempted to say "only significant". ;-)

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: incorrect claim regarding SE-Postgres

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> Andy replied to me privately that RUBIX is not open source.
>>
>> The claims about "full integration" aren't ones that I can test/verify, so we'll need feedback from the SE-Postgres
devson that. Kevin is responding to the other thread on pgsql-advocacy. Once both issues are resolved, we can update
thelanguage where appropriate.

> Well, for that matter, the statement about SEPostgres was true at the
> time 9.1 was released (TrustedRUBIX was not released until November
> 2011), so I'm not sure changing the language on the wiki is even
> appropriate.  If we do change it, then I suggest simply changing the
> word "only" to "first".
>
> Of course, I'm tempted to say "only significant". ;-)

I glanced at some of the trusted RUBIX documentation a very long time
ago and had the impression that they had thought about these issues
more than we have, and that their integration was more comprehensive
than ours.  I didn't understand very much of it, but I think there's a
reason that the word "trusted" is in the name of their product.  So I
suggest adding "open source".

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company