Where is the WWW SVN repo again?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Guys,

Had to blow away my local SVN checkout again because of unresolvable
conflicts, and forgot to save aside the SVN server address again.

So, address?

This really should be somewhere it's findable ... I searched the PG
sites (and Google) for every relevant term I could think of, no dice.
It's the most secret site in our community.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Where is the WWW SVN repo again?

From
Dave Page
Date:

https://pgweb.postgresql.org/

> This really should be somewhere it's findable ... I searched the PG
> sites (and Google) for every relevant term I could think of, no dice.

Feel free to stick it on the wiki or somewhere.

> It's the most secret site in our community.

Oh no it isn't.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Where is the WWW SVN repo again?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Dave,

>> It's the most secret site in our community.
>
> Oh no it isn't.

True, I suppose a site I don't even know exists is more secret ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com

Re: Where is the WWW SVN repo again?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 05/26/2011 12:52 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Dave,
>
>>> It's the most secret site in our community.
>>
>> Oh no it isn't.
>
> True, I suppose a site I don't even know exists is more secret ...

A simple review of the developer FAQ will tell you EXACTLY where it is.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579

Re: Where is the WWW SVN repo again?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
JD,

> A simple review of the developer FAQ will tell you EXACTLY where it is.
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ

Intuitive ... NOT.

FWIW, this is another example of wiki search fail.  Someday I really
need to look at the mediawiki search code ...

--

Date:
On 05/26/2011 01:04 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> JD,
>
>> A simple review of the developer FAQ will tell you EXACTLY where it is.
>>
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ
>
> Intuitive ... NOT.

How so? That is where I would expect to find it. (Not being difficult,
curious)

> FWIW, this is another example of wiki search fail.  Someday I really
> need to look at the mediawiki search code ...

That.... is probably true :)

Date:
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
>>> It's the most secret site in our community.
>>
>> Oh no it isn't.
>
> True, I suppose a site I don't even know exists is more secret ...

Yes, it is :-p

--

Date:
> How so? That is where I would expect to find it. (Not being difficult,
> curious)

Becausse I think of the developer FAQ as a place to look up things about
hacking PostgreSQL.  Not about the website.

We could use a website FAQ, actually.  In My Ample Spare Time.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com

Re: Where is the WWW SVN repo again?

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Excerpts from Josh Berkus's message of jue may 26 16:20:00 -0400 2011:

> > How so? That is where I would expect to find it. (Not being difficult,
> > curious)
>
> Becausse I think of the developer FAQ as a place to look up things about
> hacking PostgreSQL.  Not about the website.
>
> We could use a website FAQ, actually.  In My Ample Spare Time.

So question 1 would be "where is the repo?" ... what would be question 2?

Re: Where is the WWW SVN repo again?

From
Greg Smith
Date:
On 05/26/2011 04:04 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> A simple review of the developer FAQ will tell you EXACTLY where it is.
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ
>>
> Intuitive ... NOT.
>
> FWIW, this is another example of wiki search fail.  Someday I really
> need to look at the mediawiki search code ...

That's partially the fault of the description not being very detailed
though.  I just updated
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ#How_do_I_get_involved_in_PostgreSQL_web_site_development.3F
and now it jumps right out if you search the wiki for "subversion" for
example.  I also cross-linked it with the "Infrastructure Team" page:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Infrastructure_team and put some of the
same text there.  (I was amused that the Infra team page had malformed
markup on it, fixed that too)

Once all that makes its way out to Google's search, too, it should be
easier for anyone who remembers something about the site to find it
again--and maybe even for the uninitiated to discover it.

Re: Where is the WWW SVN repo again?

From
Greg Stark
Date:
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> So question 1 would be "where is the repo?" ... what would be question 2?

Where is the FAQ?

--
greg

Date:
On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:46 AM, Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> So question 1 would be "where is the repo?" ... what would be question 2?
>>

> Where is the FAQ?

Not sure. I think it's more of a VOAQ (very occasionally asked question).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Where is the WWW SVN repo again?

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date:

Re: Where is the WWW SVN repo again?

From
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Date:
On 05/29/2011 05:28 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>> FWIW, this is another example of wiki search fail.  Someday I really
>> need to look at the mediawiki search code ...
>
> Josh, I don't think these are good examples at all. The first example,
> IIRC, failed because the page did not exist (e.g. no notes taken at
> the early dev meeting). This one failed because of bad text
> on the page, which the Other Greg has already fixed. I can tell you
> the underlying code is a simple tsearch implementation, no more
> and no less. While our wiki software is woefully out of date, the
> basic search stuff hasn't changed at all.

not sure about the woefully out of date... we are on 1.15.5 which was
released just 10 months ago and while there is already a newer major
code train (1.16) I don't think we need to deviate from the packaged
version in debian we are currently running.

Stefan