Patch email to -hackers fell into a black hole

From
Brendan Jurd
Date:
Hi guys,

On 31 July I posted an email to -hackers with a patch attached for the
commitfest.  The subject was "Re: [HACKERS] patch: to_string, to_array
functions", with message-id
AANLkTinpYDT9XDfeqE7VxpwV0X4tNAzt5HR3_x1wOWN8@mail.gmail.com.  The
mail got to the other recipients okay, but didn't arrive at -hackers
... or at least, I can't find it in the archives.  The message-id hits
a 404 and it doesn't show up in the thread index.  I don't believe I
received a bounce either.

Any thoughts on how this might have happened?

Cheers,
BJ

Re: Patch email to -hackers fell into a black hole

From
Thom Brown
Date:
On 9 August 2010 04:15, Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> On 31 July I posted an email to -hackers with a patch attached for the
> commitfest.  The subject was "Re: [HACKERS] patch: to_string, to_array
> functions", with message-id
> AANLkTinpYDT9XDfeqE7VxpwV0X4tNAzt5HR3_x1wOWN8@mail.gmail.com.  The
> mail got to the other recipients okay, but didn't arrive at -hackers
> ... or at least, I can't find it in the archives.  The message-id hits
> a 404 and it doesn't show up in the thread index.  I don't believe I
> received a bounce either.
>
> Any thoughts on how this might have happened?
>
> Cheers,
> BJ
>
> --

It's possible it was held for moderation, but someone approved it with
"accept-hide" which would send a mail out, but not make it available
to the archive.

--
Thom Brown
Registered Linux user: #516935

Re: Patch email to -hackers fell into a black hole

Date:
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
> On 9 August 2010 04:15, Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 31 July I posted an email to -hackers with a patch attached for the
>> commitfest. �The subject was "Re: [HACKERS] patch: to_string, to_array
>> functions", with message-id
>> AANLkTinpYDT9XDfeqE7VxpwV0X4tNAzt5HR3_x1wOWN8@mail.gmail.com. �The
>> mail got to the other recipients okay, but didn't arrive at -hackers
>> ... or at least, I can't find it in the archives. �The message-id hits
>> a 404 and it doesn't show up in the thread index. �I don't believe I
>> received a bounce either.

> It's possible it was held for moderation, but someone approved it with
> "accept-hide" which would send a mail out, but not make it available
> to the archive.

It did not arrive here, according to my email logs, so I don't think it
went out to the list either.

What's even weirder is Brendan's repost of last night also hasn't shown up.
        regards, tom lane

Date:
On 9 August 2010 15:26, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
>> On 9 August 2010 04:15, Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On 31 July I posted an email to -hackers with a patch attached for the
>>> commitfest.  The subject was "Re: [HACKERS] patch: to_string, to_array
>>> functions", with message-id
>>> AANLkTinpYDT9XDfeqE7VxpwV0X4tNAzt5HR3_x1wOWN8@mail.gmail.com.  The
>>> mail got to the other recipients okay, but didn't arrive at -hackers
>>> ... or at least, I can't find it in the archives.  The message-id hits
>>> a 404 and it doesn't show up in the thread index.  I don't believe I
>>> received a bounce either.
>
>> It's possible it was held for moderation, but someone approved it with
>> "accept-hide" which would send a mail out, but not make it available
>> to the archive.
>
> It did not arrive here, according to my email logs, so I don't think it
> went out to the list either.
>
> What's even weirder is Brendan's repost of last night also hasn't shown up.
>
>                        regards, tom lane

Ah yes, I didn't get it either from the look of it.  I haven't got
access to the -www queue, so I can't say whether it's still there or
not.

--
Thom Brown
Registered Linux user: #516935

Re: Patch email to -hackers fell into a black hole

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date: