policy question

From
Joe Conway
Date:
Is our policy regarding what is acceptable for pgsql-announce published
anywhere? Or for that matter News/Events/Training?

More concretely, I am planning a PostgreSQL related Training, and would
like to get it:

1) posted on Announce
2) placed into the list of Training events

Is #1 allowed, how do I accomplish #2, and what are the constraints for
each?

And final question -- is this even the appropriate list to ask such
questions? ;-)

Thanks,

Joe

Re: policy question

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 18:02, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> Is our policy regarding what is acceptable for pgsql-announce published
> anywhere? Or for that matter News/Events/Training?
>
> More concretely, I am planning a PostgreSQL related Training, and would
> like to get it:
>
> 1) posted on Announce
> 2) placed into the list of Training events
>
> Is #1 allowed, how do I accomplish #2, and what are the constraints for
> each?

In general, #1 is not allowed I think but frankly, I don't know - I
don't moderate that one :-)

#2 definitely allowed. Just go to the submit event page on the website
and fill out

> And final question -- is this even the appropriate list to ask such
> questions? ;-)

Yes!

Re: policy question

From
Chander Ganesan
Date:
On 5/27/2010 12:51 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 18:02, Joe Conway<mail@joeconway.com>  wrote:
>
>> Is our policy regarding what is acceptable for pgsql-announce published
>> anywhere? Or for that matter News/Events/Training?
>>
>> More concretely, I am planning a PostgreSQL related Training, and would
>> like to get it:
>>
>> 1) posted on Announce
>> 2) placed into the list of Training events
>>
>> Is #1 allowed, how do I accomplish #2, and what are the constraints for
>> each?
>>
> In general, #1 is not allowed I think but frankly, I don't know - I
> don't moderate that one :-)

It was my understanding that while one could use Announce to announce a
new training product or service, it wasn't acceptable to use it for
announcing upcoming courses, etc.

However, if that is wrong, I suspect there'll be a deluge of
training-related announce postings (from OTG as well as others..)

Joe, I think that posting that your organization is offering a new PG
related set of services is within the realm of acceptable; but I suspect
that announcing individual events is not.

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.

Re: policy question

From
Joe Conway
Date:
On 05/27/2010 11:11 AM, Chander Ganesan wrote:
>> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 18:02, Joe Conway<mail@joeconway.com>  wrote:
>>> Is our policy regarding what is acceptable for pgsql-announce published
>>> anywhere? Or for that matter News/Events/Training?

> Joe, I think that posting that your organization is offering a new PG
> related set of services is within the realm of acceptable; but I suspect
> that announcing individual events is not.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks. Does anyone else disagree with that?

No one has answered my initial question though -- do we have any
policies documented somewhere?

Joe

Re: policy question

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
> Ah, that makes sense. Thanks. Does anyone else disagree with that?

Nope.  That's in accord with our general policies.   So if Credativ is
offering trainings in the US for the very first time, then it's
permissable to post that, but not individual courses.

> No one has answered my initial question though -- do we have any
> policies documented somewhere?

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval

--                                   -- Josh Berkus                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                           http://www.pgexperts.com

Re: policy question

From
Joe Conway
Date:
On 05/27/2010 06:49 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

>> Ah, that makes sense. Thanks. Does anyone else disagree with that?
>
> Nope.  That's in accord with our general policies.   So if Credativ is
> offering trainings in the US for the very first time, then it's
> permissable to post that, but not individual courses.

Great. I appreciate the explanation.

>> No one has answered my initial question though -- do we have any
>> policies documented somewhere?
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval

Perfect -- thanks!

Joe