Re: policy question - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Chander Ganesan
Subject Re: policy question
Date
List pgsql-www
On 5/27/2010 12:51 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 18:02, Joe Conway<mail@joeconway.com>  wrote:
>
>> Is our policy regarding what is acceptable for pgsql-announce published
>> anywhere? Or for that matter News/Events/Training?
>>
>> More concretely, I am planning a PostgreSQL related Training, and would
>> like to get it:
>>
>> 1) posted on Announce
>> 2) placed into the list of Training events
>>
>> Is #1 allowed, how do I accomplish #2, and what are the constraints for
>> each?
>>
> In general, #1 is not allowed I think but frankly, I don't know - I
> don't moderate that one :-)

It was my understanding that while one could use Announce to announce a
new training product or service, it wasn't acceptable to use it for
announcing upcoming courses, etc.

However, if that is wrong, I suspect there'll be a deluge of
training-related announce postings (from OTG as well as others..)

Joe, I think that posting that your organization is offering a new PG
related set of services is within the realm of acceptable; but I suspect
that announcing individual events is not.

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.