PostgreSQL moderation report: 2009-12-3

From
webmaster@postgresql.org
Date:
PostgreSQL.org moderation report - 2009-12-3 14:0:1.

There are 6 documentation comment(s) requiring moderation.
There are 7 event(s) requiring moderation.
There are 5 news item(s) requiring moderation.
There are 5 professional service(s) requiring moderation.

Moderators; please check and moderate these items as soon as possible!

Re: PostgreSQL moderation report: 2009-12-3

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:00 PM,  <webmaster@postgresql.org> wrote:
> PostgreSQL.org moderation report - 2009-12-3 14:0:1.
>
> There are 6 documentation comment(s) requiring moderation.
> There are 7 event(s) requiring moderation.
> There are 5 news item(s) requiring moderation.
> There are 5 professional service(s) requiring moderation.
>
> Moderators; please check and moderate these items as soon as possible!

I'm getting somewhat tired of asking this. Who is moderating at the
moment? Should I assume that everyone has quit?

--
Dave Page

Re: PostgreSQL moderation report: 2009-12-3

From
Thom Brown
Date:
2009/12/3 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:00 PM,  <webmaster@postgresql.org> wrote:
> PostgreSQL.org moderation report - 2009-12-3 14:0:1.
>
> There are 6 documentation comment(s) requiring moderation.
> There are 7 event(s) requiring moderation.
> There are 5 news item(s) requiring moderation.
> There are 5 professional service(s) requiring moderation.
>
> Moderators; please check and moderate these items as soon as possible!

I'm getting somewhat tired of asking this. Who is moderating at the
moment? Should I assume that everyone has quit?

--
Dave Page

Isn't there a single list of moderators available?  I would have thought that if anyone isn't able to moderate anymore, they should be removed.  This would allow assessment of the list size to determine whether others need to be sought to moderate in their stead.

Thom

Date:
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Thom Brown <thombrown@gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't there a single list of moderators available?  I would have thought
> that if anyone isn't able to moderate anymore, they should be removed.  This
> would allow assessment of the list size to determine whether others need to
> be sought to moderate in their stead.

Depends what you mean by 'available'. I keep adding an removing people
from it, but it seems to be hard to get anyone to moderate in real
time, or even daily for any length of time.

--
Dave Page

Re: PostgreSQL moderation report: 2009-12-3

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Le jeudi 3 décembre 2009 à 15:02:49, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:00 PM,  <webmaster@postgresql.org> wrote:
> > PostgreSQL.org moderation report - 2009-12-3 14:0:1.
> >
> > There are 6 documentation comment(s) requiring moderation.
> > There are 7 event(s) requiring moderation.
> > There are 5 news item(s) requiring moderation.
> > There are 5 professional service(s) requiring moderation.
> >
> > Moderators; please check and moderate these items as soon as possible!
>
> I'm getting somewhat tired of asking this. Who is moderating at the
> moment? Should I assume that everyone has quit?

If you need another moderator, I'm available.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com

Re: PostgreSQL moderation report: 2009-12-3

From
Thom Brown
Date:
style="border-left:1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"> Le jeudi 3 décembre
2009à 15:02:49, Dave Page a écrit :<br /><div class="im">> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:00 PM,  <<a
href="mailto:webmaster@postgresql.org">webmaster@postgresql.org</a>>wrote:<br /> > > PostgreSQL.org moderation
report- 2009-12-3 14:0:1.<br /> > ><br /> > > There are 6 documentation comment(s) requiring moderation.<br
/>> > There are 7 event(s) requiring moderation.<br /> > > There are 5 news item(s) requiring
Moderators;please check and moderate these items as soon as possible!<br /> ><br /> > I'm getting somewhat tired
suspectat least another moderator is needed, so it would be helpful if someone could make you one.<br /><br />Thom<br
/>

Date:
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Thom Brown <thombrown@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/3 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>
>>
>> If you need another moderator, I'm available.

Thanks Guillaume.

> I suspect at least another moderator is needed, so it would be helpful if
> someone could make you one.

It's not so much about having another one, but one with the time,
energy and patience to do the job regularly, consistently and
reliably.

--
Dave Page

Re: PostgreSQL moderation report: 2009-12-3

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 14:53 +0000, Thom Brown wrote:

> > If you need another moderator, I'm available.
> >

> I suspect at least another moderator is needed, so it would be helpful
> if someone could make you one.

IIRC we added a new moderator last week or the other one. Who was he?

...and I don't think adding more people will help.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com

Re: PostgreSQL moderation report: 2009-12-3

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Thom Brown <thombrown@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Isn't there a single list of moderators available?  I would have thought
>> that if anyone isn't able to moderate anymore, they should be removed.  This
>> would allow assessment of the list size to determine whether others need to
>> be sought to moderate in their stead.
>
> Depends what you mean by 'available'. I keep adding an removing people
> from it, but it seems to be hard to get anyone to moderate in real
> time, or even daily for any length of time.

It's a pretty thankless job.  I am a moderator for pgsql-rrreviewers
and the only thing I ever do is reject spam.  It could be set to
auto-reject and we'd be no worse off - at least so far.

...Robert

Date:
2009/12/3 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
> On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 14:53 +0000, Thom Brown wrote:
>> >
>> > If you need another moderator, I'm available.
>> >

>> I suspect at least another moderator is needed, so it would be helpful
>> if someone could make you one.
>
> IIRC we added a new moderator last week or the other one. Who was he?

Gabriele.

--
Dave Page

Date:
2009/12/3 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Thom Brown <thombrown@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Isn't there a single list of moderators available?  I would have thought
>>> that if anyone isn't able to moderate anymore, they should be removed.  This
>>> would allow assessment of the list size to determine whether others need to
>>> be sought to moderate in their stead.
>>
>> Depends what you mean by 'available'. I keep adding an removing people
>> from it, but it seems to be hard to get anyone to moderate in real
>> time, or even daily for any length of time.
>
> It's a pretty thankless job.  I am a moderator for pgsql-rrreviewers
> and the only thing I ever do is reject spam.  It could be set to
> auto-reject and we'd be no worse off - at least so far.

We're talking about the website - news, events, doc comments etc. Far
less spam there, more work checking that doc comments are correct, and
the news articles submitted meet the publication policy etc.

--
Dave Page

Re: PostgreSQL moderation report: 2009-12-3

From
Guido Barosio
Date:
FYI I'm not available for until febraury.

gb.-

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:00 PM,  <webmaster@postgresql.org> wrote:
> PostgreSQL.org moderation report - 2009-12-3 14:0:1.
>
> There are 6 documentation comment(s) requiring moderation.
> There are 7 event(s) requiring moderation.
> There are 5 news item(s) requiring moderation.
> There are 5 professional service(s) requiring moderation.
>
> Moderators; please check and moderate these items as soon as possible!

I'm getting somewhat tired of asking this. Who is moderating at the
moment? Should I assume that everyone has quit?

--
Dave Page

Re: PostgreSQL moderation report: 2009-12-3

From
Gabriele Bartolini
Date:
Ciao Dave,

Dave Page ha scritto:
> Depends what you mean by 'available'. I keep adding an removing people
> from it, but it seems to be hard to get anyone to moderate in real
> time, or even daily for any length of time.
You are right. I have been added but I still have to properly look at
the information. PGDay.IT is tomorrow and I am busy with it at the
moment, but I will definitely help after that. I take my part of
responsibilities on this now.

Thanks,
Gabriele

-- Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant ItaliaPostgreSQL Training, Services and Supportgabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it |
www.2ndQuadrant.it

Date:
Dave Page ha scritto:
>> IIRC we added a new moderator last week or the other one. Who was he?
>>

> Gabriele
Yes, it was me :(

But I need to read the stuff first so that I can understand how to
moderate stuff.

-- Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant ItaliaPostgreSQL Training, Services and Supportgabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it |
www.2ndQuadrant.it

Re: PostgreSQL moderation report: 2009-12-3

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
> I'm getting somewhat tired of asking this. Who is moderating at the
> moment? Should I assume that everyone has quit?

I'm not caught up from the holiday and japan yet on my business stuff.
I'd kind of assumed that our European moderators, for whom last week was
not a holiday, were taking care of things.

Of course, if we had some tracking of who approved/rejected what, we
could see who was actually doing moderation work.  Although that work is
probably better put into a new www.  I think as long as the moderation
system is extremely hackish and hard to use, people will have to live
with falling behind; I'm not about to approve stuff when I don't have
time to check it and make sure it's right and meets our policies.

--Josh Berkus