http://pugs.postgresql.org/ broken again

From
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Date:
Hi all!

for some reason http://pugs.postgresql.org/ seems to get broken regulary
:( - could anybody look into the root cause of the current failure?

Stefan

Re: http://pugs.postgresql.org/ broken again

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Looks fine from here ... web server has been running since Sep 4th, so it
wasn't restarted ... what are you seeing?  A specific URL that is broken?

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

> Hi all!
>

> for some reason http://pugs.postgresql.org/ seems to get broken regulary :( -
> could anybody look into the root cause of the current failure?
>

> Stefan

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org

Re: http://pugs.postgresql.org/ broken again

From
Selena Deckelmann
Date:
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

> Looks fine from here ... web server has been running since Sep 4th, so it
> wasn't restarted ... what are you seeing?  A specific URL that is broken?

That would be because I fixed it.

Something was creating connections to the database and not terminating
them.  Looks like the badness started this morning around 3am, and
continued until no more new database connections could be created.

I killed off the stale connections and turned command_string back on.
(collecting block level stats, but not showing the command string? ;)

Did that system get an upgrade in the last few days?

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me
http://endpoint.com - work

Re: http://pugs.postgresql.org/ broken again

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
No ... last upgrade was back on Aug 14th ... physical server had an
upgrade / reboot on Sept 4th ... so *at least* 10 days before anything
happened over there ...

----

Date:
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

> No ... last upgrade was back on Aug 14th ... physical server had an upgrade
> / reboot on Sept 4th ... so *at least* 10 days before anything happened over
> there ...

Ok. I'll keep an eye on it.

I'm also talking with Gabrielle about setting up a moderation queue to
help deal with the stupid spam problem we're having.

And, yes, Dave/Stefan I am going to fix the backup situation any day now.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me
http://endpoint.com - work