Jabber.postgresql.org maintenance

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Sorry for the short notice. PostgreSQL Jabber server is going down for
maintenance. Expected downtime is less than 30 minutes.

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Re: Jabber.postgresql.org maintenance

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 09:52 +0300, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Sorry for the short notice. PostgreSQL Jabber server is going down for
> maintenance.

This is done (I hope).

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Re: Jabber.postgresql.org maintenance

From
"Jonah H. Harris"
Date:
On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:52 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>  Sorry for the short notice. PostgreSQL Jabber server is going down for
>  maintenance. Expected downtime is less than 30 minutes.

Wow, I didn't even know we had one!

--
Jonah H. Harris, Sr. Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation | fax: 732.331.1301

Re: Jabber.postgresql.org maintenance

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Jonah H. Harris escribió:
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:52 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> >  Sorry for the short notice. PostgreSQL Jabber server is going down for
> >  maintenance. Expected downtime is less than 30 minutes.
>
> Wow, I didn't even know we had one!

You can request an account if you're so interested.

I expect it would be useful for GSoC, at least ... _if_ it were opened
so that it would be able to talk to the student's accounts outside the
network.  (I don't expect we would give accounts to the students -- they
are supposed to be restricted to contributors only.)

FWIW I think it would be good to offer accounts to contributors on
pgsql-hackers or some such place.  Mine has proven invaluable to me.

Re: Jabber.postgresql.org maintenance

From
"Jonah H. Harris"
Date:
On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Jonah H. Harris escribió:
>
> > On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:52 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>  > >  Sorry for the short notice. PostgreSQL Jabber server is going down for
>  > >  maintenance. Expected downtime is less than 30 minutes.
>  >
>  > Wow, I didn't even know we had one!
>
>  You can request an account if you're so interested.

Who do I request it from, Devrim?

>  FWIW I think it would be good to offer accounts to contributors on
>  pgsql-hackers or some such place.  Mine has proven invaluable to me.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Sr. Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation | fax: 732.331.1301
499 Thornall Street, 2nd Floor | jonah.harris@enterprisedb.com
Edison, NJ 08837 | http://www.enterprisedb.com/

Re: Jabber.postgresql.org maintenance

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 08:09 -0400, Jonah H. Harris wrote:

> Who do I request it from, Devrim?

Pester Joshua. I'm not sure about the user policy there.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Re: Jabber.postgresql.org maintenance

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:13:49 +0300
Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@CommandPrompt.com> wrote:
> Pester Joshua. I'm not sure about the user policy there.

Accounts on jabber.postgresql.org are available to contributors. The
consensus on sysadmins is that the server will also be opened up so
that services such as gtalk will be able to talk to it.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit

Re: Jabber.postgresql.org maintenance

From
"Selena Deckelmann"
Date:
On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

>  Accounts on jabber.postgresql.org are available to contributors. The
>  consensus on sysadmins is that the server will also be opened up so
>  that services such as gtalk will be able to talk to it.

Thank you!  The linkage will be really, really helpful to me personally.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
United States PostgreSQL Association - http://www.postgresql.us

Re: Jabber.postgresql.org maintenance

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 12:11 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> I expect it would be useful for GSoC, at least ... _if_ it were opened
> so that it would be able to talk to the student's accounts outside the
> network.  (I don't expect we would give accounts to the students --
> they are supposed to be restricted to contributors only.)

Why don't you to that with your personal IM account?

IIRC, PG Jabber Server would be used to enable communication between
PostgreSQL people only.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Re: Jabber.postgresql.org maintenance

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 07:06:19AM +0300, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:

> IIRC, PG Jabber Server would be used to enable communication between
> PostgreSQL people only.

"I don't want my phone to talk to British Telecom phones.  I only want
to talk to AT&T phones."

Yeah, that'll work.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@commandprompt.com
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/

Date:
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 07:06:19AM +0300, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> >
> > IIRC, PG Jabber Server would be used to enable communication between
> > PostgreSQL people only.
>
> "I don't want my phone to talk to British Telecom phones.  I only want
> to talk to AT&T phones."

What's the problem with that?  Obviously if you want to talk to British
Telecom you must have a separate BT telephone.

Re: Jabber.postgresql.org maintenance

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:17:24 -0400
Andrew Sullivan <ajs@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 07:06:19AM +0300, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> >
> > IIRC, PG Jabber Server would be used to enable communication between
> > PostgreSQL people only.
>
> "I don't want my phone to talk to British Telecom phones.  I only want
> to talk to AT&T phones."
>
> Yeah, that'll work.

Actually it did (for the jabber service).

Thanks though.