Please add "sumbit event" to /about/eventarchive

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
WWW,

We ought to have a "Sumbit Event" link on /about/eventarchive as well as on
the PostgreSQL home page. At the top of the page.  Same for /newsarchive.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Please add "sumbit event" to /about/eventarchive

From
Chander Ganesan
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:200801151255.44484.josh@agliodbs.com" type="cite"><pre wrap="">WWW,

We ought to have a "Sumbit Event" link on /about/eventarchive as well as on
the PostgreSQL home page. At the top of the page.  Same for /newsarchive.
 </pre></blockquote> Along those same lines...we had submitted a number of events yesterday.  Any ideas as to what the
"recommendedtime to wait" is before we should see these events?  Perhaps it would be good to have a expected time to
samplecourse is:<br /><br /><table border="1" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" class="coursetable"><tbody><tr><td
class="course-cell"><aclass="coursetitle"
href="http://www.otg-nc.com/training-courses/coursedetail.php?courseid=40">PostgreSQLAdministration</a><br /><a
class="courselinks-orange"href="http://www.otg-nc.com/training-courses/coursedetail.php?courseid=40">Details</a> | <a
class="courselinks-orange"
href="http://www.otg-nc.com/enroll-open-technology-group.php?course_id=40&sched_id=164">Enroll</a></td><td
href="http://www.otg-nc.com/open-technology-group-location-directions.php#CA">SantaClara,
laternear there, with "critical mass", that they will most likely cancel..since they contacted one of OTG's instructors

Chander Ganesan
The Open Technology Group
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
Phone: 877-258-8987/919-463-0999
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.otg-nc.com">http://www.otg-nc.com</a>
</pre>

Re: Please add "sumbit event" to /about/eventarchive

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Tuesday 15 January 2008 19:05, Chander Ganesan wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > WWW,
> >
> > We ought to have a "Sumbit Event" link on /about/eventarchive as well as
> > on the PostgreSQL home page. At the top of the page.  Same for
> > /newsarchive.
>
> Along those same lines...

This seems to be along rather different lines to me... :-)

> we had submitted a number of events yesterday.
> Any ideas as to what the "recommended time to wait" is before we should
> see these events?  Perhaps it would be good to have a expected time to
> post as well..

I've approved them, they should appear on the site in the next hour or so.
Side question for anyone on slaves, did you see emails for these? I didn't
get any.

> One sample course is:
>
> PostgreSQL Administration
> <http://www.otg-nc.com/training-courses/coursedetail.php?courseid=40>
> Details
> <http://www.otg-nc.com/training-courses/coursedetail.php?courseid=40> |
> Enroll
> <http://www.otg-nc.com/enroll-open-technology-group.php?course_id=40&sched_
>id=164> Jan 21, 2008     Jan 25, 2008     Santa Clara, CA
> <http://www.otg-nc.com/open-technology-group-location-directions.php#CA>
>

> Which is somewhat time sensitive (one of my competitors has a course two
> weeks later near there, with "critical mass", that they will most likely
> cancel..since they contacted one of OTG's instructors to see if he could
> teach for them...).

If they have critical mass, why would the cancel? I guess if they can't find
someone to teach then that would be a reason, though I'm not sure we should
allow people to advertise courses who dont have instructors, or from
companies with track records of canceling events.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Please add "sumbit event" to /about/eventarchive

From
Chander Ganesan
Date:
Robert Treat wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:200801152304.32875.xzilla@users.sourceforge.net" type="cite"><pre wrap="">On
Tuesday15 January 2008 19:05, Chander Ganesan wrote</pre> <pre wrap="">

This seems to be along rather different lines to me... :-) </pre></blockquote> I apologize for the thread hijacking...I
guessthe "along the same lines" part was to say that it might be good to indicate how long to wait before events
appear...butthe vast majority of this was a whole other issue.  Josh, remind me to buy you a beer in NYC  :-)<br
/><blockquotecite="mid:200801152304.32875.xzilla@users.sourceforge.net" type="cite"><pre wrap="">

If they have critical mass, why would the cancel? I guess if they can't find
someone to teach then that would be a reason, though I'm not sure we should
allow people to advertise courses who dont have instructors, or from
companies with track records of canceling events.
unsubstantiatedclaims made by a competitor (me), so they are somewhat tainted.<br /> - I'm not 100% sure they will
cancel,but given the fact that they contacted one of my full time staff to see if he could teach for them leads me to
believethey are somewhat desperate.<br /> - Earlier this year I hired (as full time) the only "free market" PostgreSQL
instructorthat I am aware of (who also signed a long term non-compete/non-solicit agreement.standard for our staff) .
I'mhappy to discuss why this is off-list..<br /><br /> I'm sure once people start complaining (which I am sure they
willeventually) then something will happen.  I've dropped the issue otherwise, since it seems to be a lost cause (and I
understandthe reasoning )...<br /><pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--

Chander Ganesan
The Open Technology Group
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
Phone: 877-258-8987/919-463-0999
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.otg-nc.com">http://www.otg-nc.com</a>
</pre>

Re: Please add "sumbit event" to /about/eventarchive

From
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Date:
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 January 2008 19:05, Chander Ganesan wrote:
>> Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> WWW,
>>>
>>> We ought to have a "Sumbit Event" link on /about/eventarchive as well as
>>> on the PostgreSQL home page. At the top of the page.  Same for
>>> /newsarchive.
>> Along those same lines...
>
> This seems to be along rather different lines to me... :-)
>
>> we had submitted a number of events yesterday.
>> Any ideas as to what the "recommended time to wait" is before we should
>> see these events?  Perhaps it would be good to have a expected time to
>> post as well..
>>

> I've approved them, they should appear on the site in the next hour or so.
> Side question for anyone on slaves, did you see emails for these? I didn't
> get any.

I got those just fine ...

Stefan