Re: Please add "sumbit event" to /about/eventarchive - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Chander Ganesan
Subject Re: Please add "sumbit event" to /about/eventarchive
Date
List pgsql-www
Robert Treat wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:200801152304.32875.xzilla@users.sourceforge.net" type="cite"><pre wrap="">On
Tuesday15 January 2008 19:05, Chander Ganesan wrote</pre> <pre wrap="">

This seems to be along rather different lines to me... :-) </pre></blockquote> I apologize for the thread hijacking...I
guessthe "along the same lines" part was to say that it might be good to indicate how long to wait before events
appear...butthe vast majority of this was a whole other issue.  Josh, remind me to buy you a beer in NYC  :-)<br
/><blockquotecite="mid:200801152304.32875.xzilla@users.sourceforge.net" type="cite"><pre wrap="">

If they have critical mass, why would the cancel? I guess if they can't find
someone to teach then that would be a reason, though I'm not sure we should
allow people to advertise courses who dont have instructors, or from
companies with track records of canceling events.
unsubstantiatedclaims made by a competitor (me), so they are somewhat tainted.<br /> - I'm not 100% sure they will
cancel,but given the fact that they contacted one of my full time staff to see if he could teach for them leads me to
believethey are somewhat desperate.<br /> - Earlier this year I hired (as full time) the only "free market" PostgreSQL
instructorthat I am aware of (who also signed a long term non-compete/non-solicit agreement.standard for our staff) .
I'mhappy to discuss why this is off-list..<br /><br /> I'm sure once people start complaining (which I am sure they
willeventually) then something will happen.  I've dropped the issue otherwise, since it seems to be a lost cause (and I
understandthe reasoning )...<br /><pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--

Chander Ganesan
The Open Technology Group
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560