New pgsql-advocacy description

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Please update, if someone gets a chance:

pgsql-advocacy

This list coordinates people working on promoting PostgreSQL, organizing
user groups, and dealing with PostgreSQL marketing and PR.  Also a good
place to ask for presentations and flyers if you need them.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: New pgsql-advocacy description

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:

Attachment

Re: New pgsql-advocacy description

From
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:06:22 -0800
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>
>> Please update, if someone gets a chance:
>
>> pgsql-advocacy
>
>> This list coordinates people working on promoting PostgreSQL,
>> organizing user groups, and dealing with PostgreSQL marketing and
>> PR.  Also a good place to ask for presentations and flyers if you
>> need them.
>

> Patch attached.

thx - commited.

Stefan

Re: New pgsql-advocacy description

Date:
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
>> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> > [ new pgsql-advocacy description ]
>>
>> Patch attached.

> thx - commited.

Uh, where did that go?  I still see no description at

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
>>> Patch attached.
>
>> thx - commited.
>
> Uh, where did that go?  I still see no description at
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/

http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists

archives isn't in pgweb so I can not submit a patch for that (at least I
don't think it is in pgweb...) Magnus?

Joshua D. Drake

>             regards, tom lane

Re: New pgsql-advocacy description

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>>> thx - commited.
>>
>> Uh, where did that go?  I still see no description at
>>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists
>
> archives isn't in pgweb so I can not submit a patch for that (at least I
> don't think it is in pgweb...) Magnus?

Nope, archives isn't me. I know Daves been working on new stuff for the
archives, but it's not quite ready yet. And I don't really like poking
around at what's there now since I don't know how it works.

Marc (or maybe Dave) should be able to sync up the description.

//Magnus

Re: New pgsql-advocacy description

From
Dave Page
Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Marc (or maybe Dave) should be able to sync up the description.

Added to the archives home page, and the top of the indexes for the
list. Should hit the frontend site next time a sync happens.

/D

Re: New pgsql-advocacy description

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Friday 16 November 2007 12:20, Dave Page wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Marc (or maybe Dave) should be able to sync up the description.
>
> Added to the archives home page, and the top of the indexes for the
> list. Should hit the frontend site next time a sync happens.

Any chance the archives code will ever get put under svn? I understand why we
can't do autobuild like with www, but allowing others to get ahead of
changes/fixes seems like a bonus...

--
Robert Treat

Date:
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Friday 16 November 2007 12:20, Dave Page wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> Marc (or maybe Dave) should be able to sync up the description.
>> Added to the archives home page, and the top of the indexes for the
>> list. Should hit the frontend site next time a sync happens.
>>

> Any chance the archives code will ever get put under svn? I understand why we
> can't do autobuild like with www, but allowing others to get ahead of
> changes/fixes seems like a bonus...

We probably could now we're using SVN. I was putting it off until I'd
finished the new archives code, but I haven't been able to touch that in
a couple of months now.

/D

Date:

Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:42:38 +0000
> Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
>> Robert Treat wrote:
>>>>
>>> Any chance the archives code will ever get put under svn? I
>>> understand why we can't do autobuild like with www, but allowing
>>> others to get ahead of changes/fixes seems like a bonus...
>>>
>> We probably could now we're using SVN. I was putting it off until I'd
>> finished the new archives code, but I haven't been able to touch that
>> in a couple of months now.
>
> Should I just push a branch?

Eh? The code's not even in SVN yet. My point is that with SVN we can
delete the old code and replace it with the new much more cleanly than
we could with CVS, thus it's no big deal to add whats there now and
replace it later.

Or are you suggesting a dev branch for me to put the new code in so
others can work on it until it's ready?

/D

Date:

Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:55:46 +0000
> Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
>>> Should I just push a branch?
>> Eh? The code's not even in SVN yet. My point is that with SVN we can
>> delete the old code and replace it with the new much more cleanly than
>> we could with CVS, thus it's no big deal to add whats there now and
>> replace it later.
>
>> Or are you suggesting a dev branch for me to put the new code in so
>> others can work on it until it's ready?
>
> Well that would work too :) what I was suggesting is getting the
> current archives code into the pgweb svn as a branch.

Nah, I'd put it under /trunk/archives. I'll need to look and see what
the best way to approach it is though. I'm not going to get to it right
away though - feel free to assign a ticket to me and I'll try to do
something next week.

As for the new code, that makes some sense to add as a branch, if only
so others can look and poke fun at it etc.

/D

Dave Page wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> Eh? The code's not even in SVN yet. My point is that with SVN we can
>>> delete the old code and replace it with the new much more cleanly than
>>> we could with CVS, thus it's no big deal to add whats there now and
>>> replace it later.
>>> Or are you suggesting a dev branch for me to put the new code in so
>>> others can work on it until it's ready?
>> Well that would work too :) what I was suggesting is getting the
>> current archives code into the pgweb svn as a branch.
>
> Nah, I'd put it under /trunk/archives. I'll need to look and see what
> the best way to approach it is though. I'm not going to get to it right
> away though - feel free to assign a ticket to me and I'll try to do
> something next week.

That seems like a good idea.

> As for the new code, that makes some sense to add as a branch, if only
> so others can look and poke fun at it etc.

Or just add it as a separate directory, really :-P

//Magnus

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> As for the new code, that makes some sense to add as a branch, if only
>> so others can look and poke fun at it etc.
>
> Or just add it as a separate directory, really :-P

There's no difference in SVN anyway.

/D