Surveys

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

Since nobody else seems to care about the surveys, I'm going to take it on
myself to manage them.  I've just added a new one.  If anyone is concerned
about what I might be surveying, the next 6-7 surveys I want to do are all in
the admin system already.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Surveys

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> Since nobody else seems to care about the surveys, I'm going to take it on
> myself to manage them.  I've just added a new one.  If anyone is concerned
> about what I might be surveying, the next 6-7 surveys I want to do are all in
> the admin system already.

Perhaps no one cares, because no one realized we had them :).

I just went digging through the website and found them under /community.
How often are these actually used? It almost seems like wasted www real
estate.

Joshua D. Drake

Re: Surveys

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> All,
>
> Since nobody else seems to care about the surveys, I'm going to take it on
> myself to manage them.  I've just added a new one.  If anyone is concerned
> about what I might be surveying, the next 6-7 surveys I want to do are all in
> the admin system already.

Please do. If you do that's great. If you can't for some reason keep it up we should change the system so it removes
thesurveys from the site if no survey exists that's newer than x days. But let's hope we don't have to.

/Magnus

Re: Surveys

From
Dave Page
Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Since nobody else seems to care about the surveys, I'm going to take
>> it on myself to manage them.  I've just added a new one.  If anyone is
>> concerned about what I might be surveying, the next 6-7 surveys I want
>> to do are all in the admin system already.
>>

> Perhaps no one cares, because no one realized we had them :).
>
> I just went digging through the website and found them under /community.
> How often are these actually used? It almost seems like wasted www real
> estate.

Yeah, I used to maintain them but stopped caring when they got moved
there and stopped getting any real exposure. At the time I wanted to
keep them on the home page - I still do, though I'm not sure we have
spare real estate now.

/D

Re: Surveys

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Dave,

> Yeah, I used to maintain them but stopped caring when they got moved
> there and stopped getting any real exposure. At the time I wanted to
> keep them on the home page - I still do, though I'm not sure we have
> spare real estate now.

Don't worry about it.  We're going to try promoting the survey through
PWN.  We'll see how that works.

--Josh

Re: Surveys

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Sunday 14 October 2007 17:55, Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> Since nobody else seems to care about the surveys, I'm going to take it on
> myself to manage them.  I've just added a new one.  If anyone is concerned
> about what I might be surveying, the next 6-7 surveys I want to do are all
> in the admin system already.

I recommend pinging David when you do to get a note put in the weekly news
that a new survey is available.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Surveys

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Sunday 14 October 2007 17:55, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Since nobody else seems to care about the surveys, I'm going to take it on
>> myself to manage them.  I've just added a new one.  If anyone is concerned
>> about what I might be surveying, the next 6-7 surveys I want to do are all
>> in the admin system already.
>
> I recommend pinging David when you do to get a note put in the weekly news
> that a new survey is available.

Already done.

--Josh