Event coverage on website

From
Jim Nasby
Date:
Is there anywhere on the site that has coverage of past events? ISTM
there should be...

Re: Event coverage on website

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 10:13:48AM -0700, Jim Nasby wrote:
> Is there anywhere on the site that has coverage of past events? ISTM
> there should be...

We don't.

What are you referring to? An archive of what's listed under events, or you
mean actual texts about the events?

As for archive of listed events, I'm not really sure how it helps. But
since you're Nasby, you probably have a use-case for it?

If you mean texts about them, we generally have archives at the event sites
and planetpostgresql.org - not sure what we'd migrate. Though I notice
conference.postgresql.org is still down and has been for a long time -
perhaps we should just remove the DNS record for it if it's not going to be
used?

//Magnus

Re: Event coverage on website

From
"Gavin M. Roy"
Date:
Didnt realize my php upgrade broke that too, should be fixed now.

               http://archives.postgresql.org

Date:
On Jul 25, 2007, at 2:08 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 10:13:48AM -0700, Jim Nasby wrote:
>> Is there anywhere on the site that has coverage of past events? ISTM
>> there should be...
>
> We don't.
>
> What are you referring to? An archive of what's listed under
> events, or you
> mean actual texts about the events?
>
> As for archive of listed events, I'm not really sure how it helps. But
> since you're Nasby, you probably have a use-case for it?
>
> If you mean texts about them, we generally have archives at the
> event sites
> and planetpostgresql.org - not sure what we'd migrate. Though I notice
> conference.postgresql.org is still down and has been for a long time -
> perhaps we should just remove the DNS record for it if it's not
> going to be
> used?

In this case, I wanted photos from the conferences; particularly the
group photos. Luckily, Flicr and Berkus came to the rescue there.

But we should also keep things like presentations and what-not
available. I know conferences have their own websites, but ISTM we
should at least link to them from somewhere on PostgreSQL.org.

The other thing I wanted was general advocacy items, such as graphics
I could use. Likewise, it would be good to have a single collection
of advocacy presentations that are available for use.

Date:
On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 04:13:24PM -0700, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On Jul 25, 2007, at 2:08 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 10:13:48AM -0700, Jim Nasby wrote:
> >>Is there anywhere on the site that has coverage of past events? ISTM
> >>there should be...
> >
> >We don't.
> >
> >What are you referring to? An archive of what's listed under
> >events, or you
> >mean actual texts about the events?
> >
> >As for archive of listed events, I'm not really sure how it helps. But
> >since you're Nasby, you probably have a use-case for it?
> >
> >If you mean texts about them, we generally have archives at the
> >event sites
> >and planetpostgresql.org - not sure what we'd migrate. Though I notice
> >conference.postgresql.org is still down and has been for a long time -
> >perhaps we should just remove the DNS record for it if it's not
> >going to be
> >used?
>
> In this case, I wanted photos from the conferences; particularly the
> group photos. Luckily, Flicr and Berkus came to the rescue there.

Group photos we have, but just no page bringing them together. Hey, why
don't you make up a page or set of pages to stick under /community and
we'll commit them for you? ;-)

> But we should also keep things like presentations and what-not
> available. I know conferences have their own websites, but ISTM we
> should at least link to them from somewhere on PostgreSQL.org.

We have a lot of presentations on techdocs -
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.37.

> The other thing I wanted was general advocacy items, such as graphics
> I could use. Likewise, it would be good to have a single collection
> of advocacy presentations that are available for use.

Graphics has it's own project on pgfoundry, IIRC.

//Magnus

Re: Event coverage on website

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 04:13:24PM -0700, Jim Nasby wrote:

> > In this case, I wanted photos from the conferences; particularly the
> > group photos. Luckily, Flicr and Berkus came to the rescue there.
>
> Group photos we have, but just no page bringing them together.

Yeah, it would be great to be able to go somewhere and easily get the
summit picture with the names tooltips, and the PGCon photo, etc.  Did
the PGDay photo ever get labelled that way?

Date:
On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 05:13:11AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 04:13:24PM -0700, Jim Nasby wrote:
>
> > > In this case, I wanted photos from the conferences; particularly the
> > > group photos. Luckily, Flicr and Berkus came to the rescue there.
> >
> > Group photos we have, but just no page bringing them together.
>
> Yeah, it would be great to be able to go somewhere and easily get the
> summit picture with the names tooltips, and the PGCon photo, etc.

Agreed. If someone comes up with a suggestion.. ;-)

> Did
> the PGDay photo ever get labelled that way?

No. I got sidetracked :-( I should get back to it and fix that.

//Magnus

Re: Event coverage on website

From
Decibel!
Date:
On Jul 27, 2007, at 1:10 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Group photos we have, but just no page bringing them together. Hey,
> why
> don't you make up a page or set of pages to stick under /community and
> we'll commit them for you? ;-)

And who's going to continue to maintain them? You?
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org

Date:
Decibel! wrote:
> On Jul 27, 2007, at 1:10 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Group photos we have, but just no page bringing them together. Hey, why
>> don't you make up a page or set of pages to stick under /community and
>> we'll commit them for you? ;-)
>
> And who's going to continue to maintain them? You?

Why, you, of course ;-)

Anyway. If the content is in a way that's maintainable, it should be
possible to maintain it the same way as the rest of the web - people
providing patches (hopefully - or just describing content-changing that
one of us webmonkeys can turn into a patch) as they see need.

//Magnus