postgresql.org homepage looks pretty broken now

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi,

Here are the screenshots in case the problem magically fixes itself:
http://oc.cs.msu.ru/stuff/postgresql-screenshot-ie.png
http://oc.cs.msu.ru/stuff/postgresql-screenshot-mozilla.png

Looks like additional stuff placed on the homepage recently doesn't quite fit there.

Re: postgresql.org homepage looks pretty broken now

From
Dave Page
Date:
Alexey Borzov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here are the screenshots in case the problem magically fixes itself:
> http://oc.cs.msu.ru/stuff/postgresql-screenshot-ie.png
> http://oc.cs.msu.ru/stuff/postgresql-screenshot-mozilla.png
>
> Looks like additional stuff placed on the homepage recently doesn't
> quite fit there.

Hi Alexey,

I saw the same in both until I forced a refresh to get the updated
stylesheets. Not sure what we can do about that :-(

Regards, Dave.

Re: postgresql.org homepage looks pretty broken now

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi,

Dave Page wrote:
>> Here are the screenshots in case the problem magically fixes itself:
>> http://oc.cs.msu.ru/stuff/postgresql-screenshot-ie.png
>> http://oc.cs.msu.ru/stuff/postgresql-screenshot-mozilla.png
>>
>> Looks like additional stuff placed on the homepage recently doesn't
>> quite fit there.
>
> I saw the same in both until I forced a refresh to get the updated
> stylesheets. Not sure what we can do about that :-(

Sorry for the noise then, forced refresh does fix the appearance.

Well, let's hope that most of the people who turn to website after the release
announcement do not have old stylesheet in their browsers' cache... :)

Re: postgresql.org homepage looks pretty broken now

From
"Adrian Maier"
Date:
On 12/5/06, Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Alexey Borzov wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here are the screenshots in case the problem magically fixes itself:
> > http://oc.cs.msu.ru/stuff/postgresql-screenshot-ie.png
> > http://oc.cs.msu.ru/stuff/postgresql-screenshot-mozilla.png
> >
> > Looks like additional stuff placed on the homepage recently doesn't
> > quite fit there.
>
> Hi Alexey,
>
> I saw the same in both until I forced a refresh to get the updated
> stylesheets. Not sure what we can do about that :-(

Hello,

Maybe it is possible to rename the stylesheet file(s) ?  Of course this
would be possible only if the references to the stylesheets are written
in only one place.

Cheers,
Adrian Maier

Re: postgresql.org homepage looks pretty broken now

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> > > Here are the screenshots in case the problem magically
> fixes itself:
> > > http://oc.cs.msu.ru/stuff/postgresql-screenshot-ie.png
> > > http://oc.cs.msu.ru/stuff/postgresql-screenshot-mozilla.png
> > >
> > > Looks like additional stuff placed on the homepage
> recently doesn't
> > > quite fit there.
> >
> > Hi Alexey,
> >
> > I saw the same in both until I forced a refresh to get the updated
> > stylesheets. Not sure what we can do about that :-(
>
> Hello,
>
> Maybe it is possible to rename the stylesheet file(s) ?  Of
> course this would be possible only if the references to the
> stylesheets are written in only one place.

'fraid not, they're all over the place.

//Magnus