Re: [pgsql-advocacy] One line new items

Date:
Martin Marques wrote:

> On Wed, 17 May 2006 10:03:26 -0700, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> >
> > It is obnoxious to have PR trolls offer only a one liner with a link to
> > another website without any context to the content beyond the title.
>
> Bruce said he was in favor of a one line description, so I guess you two think the same about this. :-D

I was assuming the one-liner was actually a summary.  If this is the
item Joshua saw, he is right, it isn't a summary:

    http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.554

I do prefer one-line summaries of press releases because the press
release usually has the interesting information so buried in the text.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] One line new items

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Martin Marques wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 May 2006 10:03:26 -0700, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>>> It is obnoxious to have PR trolls offer only a one liner with a link to
>>> another website without any context to the content beyond the title.
>> Bruce said he was in favor of a one line description, so I guess you two think the same about this. :-D
>
> I was assuming the one-liner was actually a summary.  If this is the
> item Joshua saw, he is right, it isn't a summary:
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.554
>
> I do prefer one-line summaries of press releases because the press
> release usually has the interesting information so buried in the text.

Yes that is the one I saw. To me it should be there. If it said:

EnterpriseDB Boosts Partner Program Roster

EnterpriseDB increases partner by 7 new development, sales, (whatever)
partners, they are ...

For more information on EnterpriseDBs partner program click here.

For the full release click here..

I would be o.k. with it, because it offers actual context and some content.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] One line new items

From
"Jonah H. Harris"
Date:
On 5/17/06, Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
> I was assuming the one-liner was actually a summary.  If this is the
> item Joshua saw, he is right, it isn't a summary:

While it's up to the web guys, I agree with Josh et al.  I think a
minimal summary (1-2 lines) should be required for any news posting to
be accepted.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1300
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] One line new items

From
Martin Marques
Date:
On Wed, 17 May 2006 10:32:50 -0700, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>
>>     http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.554
>
> Yes that is the one I saw. To me it should be there. If it said:
>
> EnterpriseDB Boosts Partner Program Roster
>
> EnterpriseDB increases partner by 7 new development, sales, (whatever)
> partners, they are ...
>
> For more information on EnterpriseDBs partner program click here.
>
> For the full release click here..
>
> I would be o.k. with it, because it offers actual context and some
> content.

Something doen's look right. In the news archive[1], there is a rescription, but when entering the link with the actual
news[2],you get the extremly short news with the link.

It's like "more" is really "less". :-)

[1]: http://www.postgresql.org/about/newsarchive
[2]: http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.554

Date:
On 5/17/06, Martin Marques <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar> wrote:
> It's like "more" is really "less". :-)

I always thought less(1) was more than more(1) :)