Re: One line new items - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: One line new items
Date
Re: One line new items  ("Jonah H. Harris" <jonah.harris@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Martin Marques wrote:

> On Wed, 17 May 2006 10:03:26 -0700, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> >
> > It is obnoxious to have PR trolls offer only a one liner with a link to
> > another website without any context to the content beyond the title.
>
> Bruce said he was in favor of a one line description, so I guess you two think the same about this. :-D

I was assuming the one-liner was actually a summary.  If this is the
item Joshua saw, he is right, it isn't a summary:

    http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.554

I do prefer one-line summaries of press releases because the press
release usually has the interesting information so buried in the text.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us