One line new items

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

May I suggest that if someone is going to run a press release on the
PostgreSQL.Org website, that we require that the entire press release be
present?

If it is just a link, we are driving readers from PostgreSQL which is
not IMHO appropriate. It is also irritating as we are not a "link" site.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] One line new items

From
Martin Marques
Date:
On Wed, 17 May 2006 09:18:25 -0700, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> May I suggest that if someone is going to run a press release on the
> PostgreSQL.Org website, that we require that the entire press release be
> present?
>
> If it is just a link, we are driving readers from PostgreSQL which is
> not IMHO appropriate. It is also irritating as we are not a "link" site.

New links could be opened in a new window. Not very dificult to implement.

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] One line new items

From
"Jim C. Nasby"
Date:
On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 01:25:19PM -0300, Martin Marques wrote:

> On Wed, 17 May 2006 09:18:25 -0700, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > May I suggest that if someone is going to run a press release on the
> > PostgreSQL.Org website, that we require that the entire press release be
> > present?
> >
> > If it is just a link, we are driving readers from PostgreSQL which is
> > not IMHO appropriate. It is also irritating as we are not a "link" site.
>
> New links could be opened in a new window. Not very dificult to implement.

Please no. I *really* hate sites that screw with my browser like that.