community docs config issue

From
Robert Treat
Date:
Tried to diff Guido's change for the community docs and got the following in
my pop-up:

Title:
Articles
Annotation:
Full text:
xdiff not supported by this PHP

this is on wwwmaster in the admin section.
--
Robert Treat

Re: community docs config issue

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> Tried to diff Guido's change for the community docs and got
> the following in my pop-up:
>
> Title:
> Articles
> Annotation:
> Full text:
> xdiff not supported by this PHP
>
> this is on wwwmaster in the admin section.

Yeah. xdiff coredumps on FreeBSD, seems not to be fully supported there.
If you're up for fixing it, please do ;-) But that's the xdiff C code,
not PHP code.

//Magnus

Date:
On Wednesday 19 April 2006 02:54, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Tried to diff Guido's change for the community docs and got
> > the following in my pop-up:
> >
> > Title:
> > Articles
> > Annotation:
> > Full text:
> > xdiff not supported by this PHP
> >
> > this is on wwwmaster in the admin section.
>
> Yeah. xdiff coredumps on FreeBSD, seems not to be fully supported there.
> If you're up for fixing it, please do ;-) But that's the xdiff C code,
> not PHP code.

Wow, that is not good (tm).  ISTM xdiff is pretty critical to this thing
working... I'm really not in a position to fix it, anyone else want to step
up?  What is our other alternative... swap wwmaster to one of the linux
boxen?

--
Robert Treat

Re: community docs config issue

From
"Dave Page"

The problem is that wwwmaster is sufficiently complex that we
specifically want it in a freebsd VM so Marc can host it elsewhere in a
hurry if required.

Regards, Dave

Re: community docs config issue

From
"Larry Rosenman"
Dave Page wrote:
> [...]

what does it core with? SIGSEGV?

Is wwwmaster a 64-bit box?

Where is xdiff source?  I have my own FreeBSD/amd64 6.1-RC box that I can
possibly fix it.

LER

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893

Date:

> >> Wow, that is not good (tm).  ISTM xdiff is pretty critical to this
> >> thing working... I'm really not in a position to fix it,
> anyone else
> >> want to step up?  What is our other alternative... swap
> wwmaster to
> >> one of the linux boxen?
> >
> > The problem is that wwwmaster is sufficiently complex that we
> > specifically want it in a freebsd VM so Marc can host it
> elsewhere in
> > a hurry if required.
> >
> > Regards, Dave
> >
> what does it core with? SIGSEGV?

Yes. It kills the apache process.

> Is wwwmaster a 64-bit box?

No. It's a 32-bit VM.

> Where is xdiff source?  I have my own FreeBSD/amd64 6.1-RC
> box that I can possibly fix it.

http://pecl.php.net/package/xdiff

Note that we're not on amd64, just plain i386. It's also not freebsd
6.1, but I can't remember exactly which versino :-)

//Magnus

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> The problem is that wwwmaster is sufficiently complex that we
>>> specifically want it in a freebsd VM so Marc can host it elsewhere
>>> in a hurry if required.
>>>
>>> Regards, Dave
>>>
>> what does it core with? SIGSEGV?
>
> Yes. It kills the apache process.
>

>> Is wwwmaster a 64-bit box?
>
> No. It's a 32-bit VM.
>

>> Where is xdiff source?  I have my own FreeBSD/amd64 6.1-RC
>> box that I can possibly fix it.
>
> http://pecl.php.net/package/xdiff
>
> Note that we're not on amd64, just plain i386. It's also not freebsd
> 6.1, but I can't remember exactly which versino :-)
>
> //Magnus

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893

Re: community docs config issue

From
"Dave Page"

A simple test:

wwwmaster# more foo.php
<?php
  $a = "Hello";
  $b = "Goodbye";
  echo xdiff_string_diff($a, $b, 1);
?>

wwwmaster# php foo.php
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

:-(

Regards, Dave

Re: community docs config issue

From
"Larry Rosenman"
>>> Where is xdiff source?  I have my own FreeBSD/amd64 6.1-RC box that
>>> I can possibly fix it.
>>
>> http://pecl.php.net/package/xdiff
>>
>> Note that we're not on amd64, just plain i386. It's also not
>> freebsd 6.1, but I can't remember exactly which versino :-)
>
> A simple test:
>
> wwwmaster# more foo.php
> <?php
>   $a = "Hello";
>   $b = "Goodbye";
>   echo xdiff_string_diff($a, $b, 1);
>>

> wwwmaster# php foo.php
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> :-(
>
> Regards, Dave
do we know what version of pecl-xdiff is installed?

I don't see a FreeBSD port for it either :(

What PHP are we using on wwwmaster?

Date:
> 6.1-RC box that
> >>
> >> http://pecl.php.net/package/xdiff
> >>
> >> Note that we're not on amd64, just plain i386. It's also
> not freebsd
> >> 6.1, but I can't remember exactly which versino :-)
> >
> > A simple test:
> >
> > wwwmaster# more foo.php
> > <?php
> >   $a = "Hello";
> >   $b = "Goodbye";
> >   echo xdiff_string_diff($a, $b, 1);
> >>

> > wwwmaster# php foo.php
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >
> > :-(
> >
> > Regards, Dave
> do we know what version of pecl-xdiff is installed?

xdiff-1.4.

> I don't see a FreeBSD port for it either :(

Nope.

> What PHP are we using on wwwmaster?

PHP 5.1.2 (cli) (built: Feb 22 2006 17:52:45)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

//Magnus

Re: community docs config issue

From
"Dave Page"

And it's not in Pecl, despite what the PHP docs say - you have to get
the tarball and build it by hand,

Regards, Dave.