Web code license

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
So...

I'm looking at putting in the code for the "new techdocs" in cvs
sometime soon, and realised I forgot this question :)

The code uses tinymce (http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/) for visual
editing. This is LGPL code. My question is, should this be added to cvs
(with appropriate license files etc, of course), or should it be kept
outside (like the PEAR components we rely on for example).

I personally think it should be added to cvs, because that makes life a
lot easier. But given the discussions lately about the license for the
graphics, I figured it's much better to bring it up here before
actualyil doing anything :)

Unlike the license on the graphics, LGPL should be "enough compatible"
with BSD for our use, I beleive. And the site will still work without
it, you just don't get visual editing.

Thoughts?

//Magnus

Re: Web code license

From
"Dave Page"

There's a coincidence - guess what I've been hacking about all morning!

> This is LGPL code. My question is, should this be
> added to cvs
> (with appropriate license files etc, of course), or should it be kept
> outside (like the PEAR components we rely on for example).

It should be kept outside I think - perhaps under /files so it's nicely
seperated.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Web code license

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> > So...
> >
> > I'm looking at putting in the code for the "new techdocs" in cvs
> > sometime soon, and realised I forgot this question :)
> >
> > The code uses tinymce (http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/) for visual
> > editing.
>
> There's a coincidence - guess what I've been hacking about
> all morning!

:-)

> > This is LGPL code. My question is, should this be added to
> cvs (with
> > appropriate license files etc, of course), or should it be kept
> > outside (like the PEAR components we rely on for example).
>
> It should be kept outside I think - perhaps under /files so
> it's nicely seperated.

/files/ is in cvs.
/files/ is what I had in mind when I said "in cvs". :-) Certainly not
sticking it inside the framework code.

//Magnus

Re: Web code license

From
"Dave Page"

Alright, the bit where we stick the stuff that comes from different
CVS's like the raw FAQs.

/D