Sourceforge and torrenst updated

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

I've added new release to sf.net. Also updated the torrents.

Re: Sourceforge and torrenst updated

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
And Neil has updated Freshmeat ...

----

Re: Sourceforge and torrenst updated

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Monday 09 January 2006 18:11, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've added new release to sf.net. Also updated the torrents.

Whats the deal with the windows binaries on sf? I couldn't find them... are
you just waiting on the pginstaller folks?

--
Robert Treat

Re: Sourceforge and torrenst updated

From
"Dave Page"

We have never put them on sf. Dunno if someone else does.

Regards, Dave.

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 10:33, Dave Page wrote:
> [...]

I have put them up in the past after "you" have built them and put them on the
ftp server... hence he (devrim) might be waiting for you (pginstaller folks)
to build them.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Sourceforge and torrenst updated

From
"Dave Page"

<shrug> "We" built them and published them last Friday morning. What's
the deal with the quotes anyway - I thught you were calling me 'coreboy'
these days :-p

/D

Re: Sourceforge and torrenst updated

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Robert Treat wrote:

>> I've added new release to sf.net. Also updated the torrents.
>
> Whats the deal with the windows binaries on sf? I couldn't find them... are
> you just waiting on the pginstaller folks?

If we upload Windows binaries, then we need to upload RPMs to (and also
other binaries). That would be a pain. So I've just uploaded source codes.

Date:
On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 13:11, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Robert Treat wrote:
>
> >> I've added new release to sf.net. Also updated the torrents.
> >
> > Whats the deal with the windows binaries on sf? I couldn't find them... are
> > you just waiting on the pginstaller folks?
>
> If we upload Windows binaries, then we need to upload RPMs to (and also
> other binaries). That would be a pain. So I've just uploaded source codes.

Not if you approach it practically (verses politically) Source code
downloads basically exclude the entire windows user base, while
including the *nix user base. Adding win32 binaries balances this out.
Furthermore the majority of people who have trouble using our ftp mirror
system are windows users, so having another outlet to send them to is
really a bonus (and the pgfoundry website doesnt compete with
sourceforges distribution system)

Robert Treat

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 11:08, Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

I thought you were getting confused with my use of pronouns, was just
trying to clarify... coreboy. :-P

Robert Treat

On 10/1/06 19:05, "Robert Treat" <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 13:11, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> Whats the deal with the windows binaries on sf? I couldn't find them... are
>>> you just waiting on the pginstaller folks?
>>
>> If we upload Windows binaries, then we need to upload RPMs to (and also
>> other binaries). That would be a pain. So I've just uploaded source codes.
>>

> Not if you approach it practically (verses politically) Source code
> downloads basically exclude the entire windows user base, while
> including the *nix user base. Adding win32 binaries balances this out.
> Furthermore the majority of people who have trouble using our ftp mirror
> system are windows users, so having another outlet to send them to is
> really a bonus (and the pgfoundry website doesnt compete with
> sourceforges distribution system)

Is it worth the effort though? We have thousands of downloads a month, yet
we see maybe one or two 'I can't download' messages on webmaster@ in the
same period and many of those fall into the 'I tried one which timed out,
therefore none of them work' category.

Regards, Dave.