Re: Sourceforge and torrenst updated - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Sourceforge and torrenst updated
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 13:11, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Robert Treat wrote:
>
> >> I've added new release to sf.net. Also updated the torrents.
> >
> > Whats the deal with the windows binaries on sf? I couldn't find them... are
> > you just waiting on the pginstaller folks?
>
> If we upload Windows binaries, then we need to upload RPMs to (and also
> other binaries). That would be a pain. So I've just uploaded source codes.

Not if you approach it practically (verses politically) Source code
downloads basically exclude the entire windows user base, while
including the *nix user base. Adding win32 binaries balances this out.
Furthermore the majority of people who have trouble using our ftp mirror
system are windows users, so having another outlet to send them to is
really a bonus (and the pgfoundry website doesnt compete with
sourceforges distribution system)

Robert Treat