New quote / survey for the web site?

From
Robert Treat
Date:
We're nearing the first of the month, do we have a new quote we can put
up on the website?

Also was thinking might be time to put a new poll up... I'm thinking
maybe

How many PostgreSQL installation do you currently have?

Only one
2-10
11-25
26-50
51-100
More than 100

Robert Treat

Re: New quote / survey for the web site?

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Robert Treat wrote:

> Also was thinking might be time to put a new poll up... I'm thinking
> maybe
>
> How many PostgreSQL installation do you currently have?
>
> Only one
> 2-10
> 11-25
> 26-50
> 51-100
> More than 100

Ok, that's cool for me. I wonder how many ppl have more than 100
PostgreSQL installations... (I have!)
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
http://www.tdmsoft.com                         http://www.gunduz.org

Re: New quote / survey for the web site?

From
"Dave Page"

Odd - my calendar didn't remind me. It was due on the 23rd. Anyway, that
one sounds good to me - you gonna change it, or do you want me to?

Regards, Dave.

Re: New quote / survey for the web site?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 22:18 +0300, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Robert Treat wrote:
>
> > Also was thinking might be time to put a new poll up... I'm thinking
> > maybe
> >
> > How many PostgreSQL installation do you currently have?
> >
> > Only one
> > 2-10
> > 11-25
> > 26-50
> > 51-100
> > More than 100
>
> Ok, that's cool for me. I wonder how many ppl have more than 100
> PostgreSQL installations... (I have!)

We do :)

> --
> Devrim GUNDUZ
> devrim~gunduz.org, devrim~PostgreSQL.org, devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr
> http://www.tdmsoft.com                         http://www.gunduz.org

Command Prompt, Inc., Your PostgreSQL solutions company. 503-667-4564
Custom programming, 24x7 support, managed services, and hosting
Open Source Authors: plPHP, pgManage, Co-Authors: plPerlNG
Reliable replication, Mammoth Replicator - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: New quote / survey for the web site?

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> Ok, that's cool for me. I wonder how many ppl have more than 100
>> PostgreSQL installations... (I have!)
>
> We do :)

Cool! Lots of success stories around :)

--

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 14:17, Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Dave... you know better than to volunteer for something... let me know
how it goes :-)

Re: New quote / survey for the web site?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 22:18 +0300, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Robert Treat wrote:
>>
>>> Also was thinking might be time to put a new poll up... I'm thinking
>>> maybe
>>>
>>> How many PostgreSQL installation do you currently have?
>>>
>>> Only one
>>> 2-10
>>> 11-25
>>> 26-50
>>> 51-100
>>> More than 100
>>
>> Ok, that's cool for me. I wonder how many ppl have more than 100
>> PostgreSQL installations... (I have!)
>
> We do :)

Hate to ask, but what is considered "an installation"?  # of instances
running?

----

Re: New quote / survey for the web site?

From
"Dave Page"

Yeah well, I'm a sucker for it. Still, it gave me a break from hacking
pgAdmin, fixing the header installation in pgInstaller and debugging
routing issues for mirror providers...

:-)

/D

Date:
On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 17:07 -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 22:18 +0300, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> Ok, that's cool for me. I wonder how many ppl have more than 100
> >> PostgreSQL installations... (I have!)
> >
> > We do :)
>
> Hate to ask, but what is considered "an installation"?  # of instances
> running?

Well I am taking it from the literal number of data directories and
ports that we are using.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

Command Prompt, Inc., Your PostgreSQL solutions company. 503-667-4564
Custom programming, 24x7 support, managed services, and hosting
Open Source Authors: plPHP, pgManage, Co-Authors: plPerlNG
Reliable replication, Mammoth Replicator - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: New quote / survey for the web site?

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>>> Ok, that's cool for me. I wonder how many ppl have more than 100
>>> PostgreSQL installations... (I have!)
>>
>> We do :)
>
> Hate to ask, but what is considered "an installation"?  # of instances
> running?

Umm, number of unique hardware that runs PostgreSQL...
--

Date:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> Hi,

>>> We do :)
>>
>> Hate to ask, but what is considered "an installation"?  # of instances
>> running?
>
> Umm, number of unique hardware that runs PostgreSQL...

Ah, then for us its 1 :)  Number of "dedicated instances" is higher then
that though ... for that poll, what counts as an 'installation' should be
described ...

----