In case of emergency...

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
 <<mirrors-ftp.html>> Just in case of any problems, the attached file is
a static list of our FTP mirrors as of a few moments ago. If there are
any problems with wwwmaster following release (not that I expect there
to be I should add, I'm just being cautious), the best strategy will be
to copy this onto the main server (svr4.postgresql.org), disable the
website sync cron job, and manually tweak the download links on
http://www.postgresql.org/download/index.html & index.html.en to point
to the uploaded file.

Like I say though, I don't anticipate any problems, but just in case...

Regards, Dave.

Attachment

FTP tree changed? Please link it back!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Dave,

This weekend, the windows binaries were at:
http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/ftp/win32/

Now they are at:
http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.0/win32/

Can you link in "win32" from the root-level FTP browser?  For two reasons:

1) I just distributed a bunch of press stuff that links to the original
address, and I'm not sure I can notify everyone in time;

2) I'm not sure that most Windows users will be realize that "binary" means
them.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: FTP tree changed? Please link it back!

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 13:14, Josh Berkus wrote:
> 2) I'm not sure that most Windows users will be realize that "binary" means
> them.

I'm not sure that they will realize win32 means them, but a directory
like "clickhereforthewindowsersion" would probably be a bit over the top
:-)

Robert Treat

Re: FTP tree changed? Please link it back!

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:

Re: FTP tree changed? Please link it back!

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 13:14, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>>2) I'm not sure that most Windows users will be realize that "binary" means
>>them.

Executable is the term I usually see.

--
Command Prompt, Inc., your source for PostgreSQL replication,
professional support, programming, managed services, shared

Attachment

Re: FTP tree changed? Please link it back!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Devrim,

> Ok, symlink created : win32 -> binary/v8.0/win32
>
> Will appear in main FTP site in an hour.

Thanks.  Will it appear in Dave's FTP browser, though?

BTW, Dave's FTP browser isn't showing 8.0 yet, either.

--
--Josh

Date: