New Event

From
www@www.postgresql.com (World Wide Web Owner)
Date:
A new entry has been added to the events database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_event.php?207

Submitted by: josh@postgresql.org
Event: PostgreSQL Booth at LWE-SF
PostgreSQL will have a booth at Linux World Expo, San Francisco, 2004.   We will also have a B.O.F.  Come visit us!
(clickfor more)

Details:

PostgreSQL will be in booth 168 (pending changes) at <a
href=\"http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/events/12SFO04A\">LinuxWorld Expo</a>, in Moscone Center, August 3-5.
Comevisit us -- or even help out in the booth! (contact josh(at)postgresql(dot)org to volunteer)
We will also have a joint Birds Of a Feather (BOF) with Open Source Development Labs, where we talk about PostgreSQL
andLinux performance.   Check back here for schedule and location, or stop by our booth to find out.

Re: New Event

From
"Dave Page"
> A new entry has been added to the events database.
>
> Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_event.php?207
>
> Submitted by: josh@postgresql.org
> Event: PostgreSQL Booth at LWE-SF
> PostgreSQL will have a booth at Linux World Expo, San
> Francisco, 2004.   We will also have a B.O.F.  Come visit us!
> (click for more)
>
> Details:
>
> PostgreSQL will be in booth 168 (pending changes) at <a
> href=\"http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/events/12SFO04A\"
> >Linux World Expo</a>, in Moscone Center, August 3-5.   Come
> visit us -- or even help out in the booth! (contact
> josh(at)postgresql(dot)org to volunteer)
> We will also have a joint Birds Of a Feather (BOF) with Open
> Source Development Labs, where we talk about PostgreSQL and
> Linux performance.   Check back here for schedule and
> location, or stop by our booth to find out.
>

> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: New Event

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
World Wide Web Owner wrote:
> PostgreSQL will have a booth at Linux World Expo, San Francisco,
> 2004.   We will also have a B.O.F.  Come visit us! (click for more)

Some people always write "click for more" into their announcements. I
admit it's very easy to miss the fact that you can click on the title
to get details, but in any case it should be written somewhere
automatically and not into every text.  Maybe don't make the title a
like but instead have a "(more...)" link.

("Click here" is a well-known violation of web usability principles, so
some solution that does not involve it would be better.)