A room for Weekly News

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:

Re: A room for Weekly News

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> We might either use weekly.PostgreSQL.org, or simply
> www.PostgreSQL.org/weekly/ for that. In any case, we will have a chance
> to present what's happening in PostgreSQL world, to the people who are
> not subscribed to -announce list.

www.postgresql.org/weekly sounds the best to me ...

----

Re: A room for Weekly News

From
"Dave Page"

There is already a directory for it it (/newsletter), but Robert never
found time to put the content there.

Regards, Dave.

Re: A room for Weekly News

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 15:07, Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Geez I had forgotten about that.  What I had hoped to get was a setup
similar to the news setup, where the weekly news could be posted and
then each weeks news could be built statically within the main site
template (just like we do for news).  Anyone interested in making it
happen? Should take long... not sure how this mesh's with Andreas code
though...

Robert Treat

Re: A room for Weekly News

From
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Date:
Hi all,

> Geez I had forgotten about that.  What I had hoped to get was a setup
> similar to the news setup, where the weekly news could be posted and
> then each weeks news could be built statically within the main site
> template (just like we do for news).  Anyone interested in making it
> happen? Should take long... not sure how this mesh's with Andreas code
> though...

I'll try to play with it in the few days at this year. When I finished I just post a note here.
Talking about the room for 'weekly news' I propose the following:
http://www.postgresql.org/news/weekly/ -> PostgreSQL Weekly News (-announce)
http://www.postgresql.org/news/generalbits/ -> Elein Weekly Summary

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
euler (at) ufgnet.ufg.br

Re: A room for Weekly News

From
elein
Date:
Hi all,

I've just joined this list so I don't know what
has gone on previously.  So forgive me from
jumping in.

General Bits needs to stay at varlena.com for
various reasons, but a nice visible link would
be very helpful.  I can provide a weekly list of
titles, possibly, to be published on the weekly
news page, though.

elein

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 02:54:32PM -0200, Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> > Geez I had forgotten about that.  What I had hoped to get was a setup
> > similar to the news setup, where the weekly news could be posted and
> > then each weeks news could be built statically within the main site
> > template (just like we do for news).  Anyone interested in making it
> > happen? Should take long... not sure how this mesh's with Andreas code
> > though...
> >
> I'll try to play with it in the few days at this year. When I finished I just post a note here.
> Talking about the room for 'weekly news' I propose the following:
> http://www.postgresql.org/news/weekly/ -> PostgreSQL Weekly News (-announce)
> http://www.postgresql.org/news/generalbits/ -> Elein Weekly Summary
>
> --
> Euler Taveira de Oliveira
> euler (at) ufgnet.ufg.br

Re: A room for Weekly News

From
Michael Glaesemann
Date:
On Dec 24, 2003, at 3:32 PM, elein wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've just joined this list so I don't know what
> has gone on previously.  So forgive me from
> jumping in.

Welcome, Elein!

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com