Want a 'favico.ico' to web site? :)

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:

Re: Want a 'favico.ico' to web site? :)

From
Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai
Date:
-On [20031219 13:42], Devrim GUNDUZ (devrim@gunduz.org) wrote:
>What do you think? Would you like to put it on our website? :)

The idea is good,  wonder if it can be made any sharper.  I'll see if I
can whip something up with my graphics programs when I get home.

But definately +1.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://diary.in-nomine.org/
Sadness is the inner beauty of the untouched tear...

Re: Want a 'favico.ico' to web site? :)

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
coolness, but what exactly is a 'favico.ico'?  Is that the little icon
that gets put onto the locaiton line in the browser?  If so, doesn't work
on my browser :(  I just put it into the www directory for the site, went
to the page and still get the 'generic' icon ... is there something extra
that has to be setup?

----

Date:

Re: Want a 'favico.ico' to web site? :)

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 02:34:19PM +0200, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 16*16 favicon for *.PostgreSQL.org. I'm using it in
> www.TDMSoft.com:
>
> http://www.tdmsoft.com/images/slonik-ico.png
>
> What do you think? Would you like to put it on our website? :)

She's great!!!  Do you have the favicon.ico thing?

phone: +1 510 893 6100    cell: +1 415 235 3778

Date:

Re: Want a 'favico.ico' to web site? :)

From
"Gavin M. Roy"
Date:
I've attached a .ico file that was made from the png below.  The .ico
format should be used to be compatible with all browsers that support
favicon.ico, as not all will use a PNG in it's place.

Gavin

Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

>TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Attachment

Re: Want a 'favico.ico' to web site? :)

From
"Gavin M. Roy"
Date:
Sorry for the resend, but I felt a little inspired and made a all-in-one
.ico for multipe formats from the elephant .ai file.

Gavin

Gavin M. Roy wrote:

> I've attached a .ico file that was made from the png below.  The .ico
> format should be used to be compatible with all browsers that support
> favicon.ico, as not all will use a PNG in it's place.
>
> Gavin
>
> Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

>TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your

Re: Want a 'favico.ico' to web site? :)

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
new one put in place ... I'll leave the HEAD changes to Dave, since I'm
not sure if they have a central file for modifying that :)

----