Final Evaluations nearly due

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
SoC particpants,

As a reminder, final evaluations are due 8/20:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-announce/browse_thread/thread/06c3cdeb3ab7c4f6

While I know that some of you plan to continue working after that, we need to
get Google evaluations so that students & mentors can get paid.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Final Evaluations nearly due

From
Andrew Dunstan

Josh Berkus wrote:
> SoC particpants,
>
> As a reminder, final evaluations are due 8/20:
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-announce/browse_thread/thread/06c3cdeb3ab7c4f6
>
> While I know that some of you plan to continue working after that, we need to
> get Google evaluations so that students & mentors can get paid.

Are you sure this is right? It looks to me like Code is due today but
evaluations are due by Aug 31.

http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-announce/web/midterm-survey-information-2
says:

>     Final Survey Timeline
>
>     * Monday, August 20th at 19:00 UTC (12 noon Pacific time): Pencils
>       down. Students evaluations should be based only on code produced
>       to date. All program participants can begin completing surveys
>       online
>     * Friday, August 31st at 19:00 UTC (12 noon Pacific time):
>       Deadline for all participants to submit surveys; all previously
>       submitted surveys become read-only and no new surveys may be
>       submitted.

cheers

andrew

Re: Final Evaluations nearly due

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Andrew,

> Are you sure this is right? It looks to me like Code is due today but
> evaluations are due by Aug 31.

Oh!  You're right!

So, Students, upload your code samples ASAP!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Final Evaluations nearly due

From
Zdenek Kotala
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Andrew,
>
>> Are you sure this is right? It looks to me like Code is due today but
>> evaluations are due by Aug 31.
>
> Oh!  You're right!
>
> So, Students, upload your code samples ASAP!

There is upload window for each student based on alphabet order.

        Zdenek

Re: Final Evaluations nearly due

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Mentors,

Can I have a rundown on project status, preferably before you turn in your
final evaluations?  How are those projects going?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Final Evaluations nearly due

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Mentors,
>
> Can I have a rundown on project status, preferably before you turn in your
> final evaluations?  How are those projects going?

I have to admit that my student was not able to do much on his project
during the SoC term because of being busy with other study and work.

Re: Final Evaluations nearly due

From
Rober Mach
Date:
Actually, there has been recent change in the code submission :
http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-announce/browse_thread/thread/1507801550515a90

It looks like students who receive passing final evaluations will need
to provide code to Google between 3rd and  17th September.

Robert