xml2 support

From
Rob Sargent
Date:
<tt>I'm confused by the deprecation notice on xml2 seen <a
themaking of 8.4? Was the newer standard API implemented? Do I still need namespaces?<br /><br /> I'm running
PostgreSQL9.0.3 built locally with --with-libxml.  Which version, w.r.t. to the deprecation, might I be using.<br /><br

Re: xml2 support

From
Serdar Gül
Date:
if you want to export the data in xml type
i suggest you to use the EMS SQL Manager for PostgreSQL
because
you can export the whole table or an executed query in many different file types including xml

I'm confused by the deprecation notice on xml2 seen here.

What if anything was removed in the making of 8.4? Was the newer standard API implemented? Do I still need namespaces?

I'm running PostgreSQL 9.0.3 built locally with --with-libxml.  Which version, w.r.t. to the deprecation, might I be using.

rjs

Re: xml2 support

From
Rob Sargent

On 03/23/2011 11:10 AM, Serdar Gül wrote:
> if you want to export the data in xml type
> i suggest you to use the EMS SQL Manager for PostgreSQL
> because
> you can export the whole table or an executed query in many different
> file types including xml
>
> 2011/3/23 Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com <mailto:robjsargent@gmail.com>>
>
>     I'm confused by the deprecation notice on xml2 seen here
>     <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/xml2.html>.
>
>     What if anything was removed in the making of 8.4? Was the newer
>     standard API implemented? Do I still need namespaces?
>
>     I'm running PostgreSQL 9.0.3 built locally with --with-libxml.
>     Which version, w.r.t. to the deprecation, might I be using.
>
>     rjs

I'm just trying to get up to speed on using the xml facilities within psql.

Re: xml2 support

From
Serdar Gül
Date: