schema propagation

From
chester c young
Date:
Hi

has anyone done any work on comparing schemas?

I'm trying to automatically propagate changes in a master schema to
child schemas.  All schema changes will originate at master.  Currently
child schemas are in the same database, but in the future might be in
different databases (clusters?).

thanks!

Re: schema propagation

From
Markus Schiltknecht
Date:
Hi,

chester c young wrote:
> has anyone done any work on comparing schemas?

There are two different projects called 'pgdiff', you'll find them with
google.

> I'm trying to automatically propagate changes in a master schema to
> child schemas.  All schema changes will originate at master.  Currently
> child schemas are in the same database, but in the future might be in
> different databases (clusters?).

Please note, that it's sometimes impossible to automatically convert
from one database schema to another. You should probably better use
proper change management processes.

Regards

Markus