Re: schema propagation - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Markus Schiltknecht
Subject Re: schema propagation
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

chester c young wrote:
> has anyone done any work on comparing schemas?

There are two different projects called 'pgdiff', you'll find them with
google.

> I'm trying to automatically propagate changes in a master schema to
> child schemas.  All schema changes will originate at master.  Currently
> child schemas are in the same database, but in the future might be in
> different databases (clusters?).

Please note, that it's sometimes impossible to automatically convert
from one database schema to another. You should probably better use
proper change management processes.

Regards

Markus