Setting high performance on huge server

From
Date:
Hi list,

Could someone give me a little help with my settings ?

How do I increase my performance knowing that my server is a huge server.

Here some parameters I suppose are important on this settings:

"shared_buffers";"8000kB";"Sets the number of shared memory buffers used by
the server."
"max_connections";"100";"Sets the maximum number of concurrent connections."
"work_mem";"1MB";"Sets the maximum memory to be used for query workspaces."

--
Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha

Re: Setting high performance on huge server

From
"Claus Guttesen"
Date:
> How do I increase my performance knowing that my server is a huge server.
> Here some parameters I suppose are important on this settings:
>
> "shared_buffers";"8000kB";"Sets the number of shared memory buffers used by
> the server."
> "max_connections";"100";"Sets the maximum number of concurrent connections."
> "work_mem";"1MB";"Sets the maximum memory to be used for query workspaces."

Do you have some hardware-specifications, ie. how much ram, cpu-type etc.?

regards
Claus