Setting high performance on huge server - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From
Subject Setting high performance on huge server
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi list,

Could someone give me a little help with my settings ?

How do I increase my performance knowing that my server is a huge server.

Here some parameters I suppose are important on this settings:

"shared_buffers";"8000kB";"Sets the number of shared memory buffers used by
the server."
"max_connections";"100";"Sets the maximum number of concurrent connections."
"work_mem";"1MB";"Sets the maximum memory to be used for query workspaces."

--
Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha