Function Dependency

From
Padam J Singh
Date:
over400 procedures and functions written in plsql, and around 100 tables.<br /> I want to generate a function

Re: Function Dependency

From
Tony Wasson
Date:
On 2/1/06, Padam J Singh <padam.singh@inventum.cc> wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  I am maintaining an application that has over 400 procedures and functions
> written in plsql, and around 100 tables.
>  I want to generate a function dependency chart to depict the following:
>
>  1. Inter function/procedure dependencies
>  2. function-tables dependencies
>  3. function-sequences depencies
>
>  Is there a standard method of doing this?
>
>  Thanks in advance,
>  Padam.

I too would be interested in a standardized tool to do this. I had a
similar situation and I ended up writing a perl script to parse my SQL
and make a graphviz dot file. I then used graphviz to make a function
dependency chart. I can't promise it would catch every single case,
but I can provide you with the code if you wish to give it a whirl.

Tony Wasson

Re: Function Dependency

From
Karsten Hilbert
Date:
On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 07:18:33PM -0700, Tony Wasson wrote:

> >  I am maintaining an application that has over 400 procedures and functions
> > written in plsql, and around 100 tables.
> >  I want to generate a function dependency chart to depict the following:
> >
> >  1. Inter function/procedure dependencies
> >  2. function-tables dependencies
> >  3. function-sequences depencies
> I too would be interested in a standardized tool to do this. I had a
> similar situation and I ended up writing a perl script to parse my SQL
> and make a graphviz dot file. I then used graphviz to make a function
> dependency chart. I can't promise it would catch every single case,
> but I can provide you with the code if you wish to give it a whirl.

Tony,

what do you think about sending a copy of this code to the
pg_autodoc author ? I'm sure they'd be interested to have a
look at this.

http://www.rbt.ca/autodoc/index.html

I have CC'ed this to the author.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346