Re: Function Dependency - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tony Wasson
Subject Re: Function Dependency
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 2/1/06, Padam J Singh <padam.singh@inventum.cc> wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  I am maintaining an application that has over 400 procedures and functions
> written in plsql, and around 100 tables.
>  I want to generate a function dependency chart to depict the following:
>
>  1. Inter function/procedure dependencies
>  2. function-tables dependencies
>  3. function-sequences depencies
>
>  Is there a standard method of doing this?
>
>  Thanks in advance,
>  Padam.

I too would be interested in a standardized tool to do this. I had a
similar situation and I ended up writing a perl script to parse my SQL
and make a graphviz dot file. I then used graphviz to make a function
dependency chart. I can't promise it would catch every single case,
but I can provide you with the code if you wish to give it a whirl.

Tony Wasson