count array in postgresql

From
bandeng
Date:
hello guys,

I need some help, I have created function with argument in array.
I already try to find array function in manual but failed.
so is there any solution to counting array value and looping array value?

some language usually use count($array)

Thank in a bunch
Ricky

Re: count array in postgresql

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 11:54:15PM +0700, bandeng wrote:

> I need some help, I have created function with argument in array.
> I already try to find array function in manual but failed.

Maybe you're looking for "Array Functions and Operators" in the
"Functions and Operators" chapter.  You don't say what version of
PostgreSQL you're using; here's a link to the 8.0 documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/functions-array.html

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: count array in postgresql

From
bandeng
Date:
my Postgresql version is 7.4

I still cannot find count function in that reference. but I try to use
like this just checking the array value is null or not, it's work but
dunno it is the good way or not.

for example, vararray := {ab,cd,ef,gh}

i := 1;
while vararray[i] is not null loop   i := i + 1;
end loop;

raise info i;

--
Gutten Aben Sugeng Sonten, Jangane Kurang Santen
bandeng....................

Re: count array in postgresql

From
"Sean Davis"
Date:
How about array_dims?  It looks like you will still have to do a string
split, but....

Sean

Date:
On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 09:09:57AM +0700, bandeng wrote:

> I still cannot find count function in that reference.

See array_upper() and array_lower().

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/