ERROR: Procedures cannot take more than 16 arguments

From
Kristis Makris
Date:
Hello all,

Using PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC
egcs-2.91.66, I attempted to create a plpgsql function that takes 17
arguments and I received the error:

ERROR:  Procedures cannot take more than 16 arguments

Can this limit be increased by manipulating some variable in the
postgres source code? If so, how would I go about finding which file +
variable I need to alter?

If not, are there any plans for increasing that limit in future 7.1.x or
7.x releases?

Thanks for any help,
-Kristis

Re: ERROR: Procedures cannot take more than 16 arguments

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Kristis Makris writes:

> ERROR:  Procedures cannot take more than 16 arguments

> Can this limit be increased by manipulating some variable in the
> postgres source code? If so, how would I go about finding which file +
> variable I need to alter?

FUNC_MAX_ARGS in config.h; see the comments there.

Re: ERROR: Procedures cannot take more than 16 arguments

From
"Josh Berkus"
Date:
Peter,

> FUNC_MAX_ARGS in config.h; see the comments there.

Darn! I asked this a year ago, and was told by somebody at Hub.org that
it couldn't be changed ...

-Josh

Re: ERROR: Procedures cannot take more than 16 arguments

Date:
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> FUNC_MAX_ARGS in config.h; see the comments there.

> Darn! I asked this a year ago, and was told by somebody at Hub.org that
> it couldn't be changed ...

A year or so ago, that was the correct answer.
        regards, tom lane