ERROR: Procedures cannot take more than 16 arguments - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Kristis Makris
Subject ERROR: Procedures cannot take more than 16 arguments
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello all,

Using PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC
egcs-2.91.66, I attempted to create a plpgsql function that takes 17
arguments and I received the error:

ERROR:  Procedures cannot take more than 16 arguments

Can this limit be increased by manipulating some variable in the
postgres source code? If so, how would I go about finding which file +
variable I need to alter?

If not, are there any plans for increasing that limit in future 7.1.x or
7.x releases?

Thanks for any help,
-Kristis