postgres DB temporary on NT

From
juerg.rietmann@pup.ch
Date:
Hi there

For testing, I have a Microsoft Windows NT Server with IIS 4.0 running in
my DMZ. Currently it is not possible to migrate this server to LinuX. Is
there a way to move an existing postgreSQL 7.0.3 db (with views/sequences)
from a Linux Server to this NT Web server. I have coldfusion on NT, all I
need is the postgres DB or a 100% compatible on NT.

Any ideas ??  Thanks in advance ... jr
PFISTER + PARTNER, SYSTEM - ENGINEERING AG
Juerg Rietmann
Grundstrasse 22a
6343 Rotkreuz
Switzerland

phone: +4141 790 4040
fax: +4141 790 2545
mobile: +4179 211 0315

Re: postgres DB temporary on NT

From
"Ross J. Reedstrom"
Date:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 11:23:45AM +0100, juerg.rietmann@pup.ch wrote:
> Hi there
>
> For testing, I have a Microsoft Windows NT Server with IIS 4.0 running in
> my DMZ. Currently it is not possible to migrate this server to LinuX. Is
> there a way to move an existing postgreSQL 7.0.3 db (with views/sequences)
> from a Linux Server to this NT Web server. I have coldfusion on NT, all I
> need is the postgres DB or a 100% compatible on NT.

Install the NT version of PostgreSQL, and do a dump/restore.
Some instructions are here:

http://www.sevainc.com/PostgreSQL_running_on_NT.html

Worked for me.  Granted, I've never stressed the NT version very much
(just did it as proof of concept), but it does work. (I also pulled the
source code, and built it under cygwin on NT: it's a bit more complicated
than your typical Windows software install, but it works)

Ross