Re: postgres DB temporary on NT - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: postgres DB temporary on NT
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 11:23:45AM +0100, juerg.rietmann@pup.ch wrote:
> Hi there
>
> For testing, I have a Microsoft Windows NT Server with IIS 4.0 running in
> my DMZ. Currently it is not possible to migrate this server to LinuX. Is
> there a way to move an existing postgreSQL 7.0.3 db (with views/sequences)
> from a Linux Server to this NT Web server. I have coldfusion on NT, all I
> need is the postgres DB or a 100% compatible on NT.

Install the NT version of PostgreSQL, and do a dump/restore.
Some instructions are here:

http://www.sevainc.com/PostgreSQL_running_on_NT.html

Worked for me.  Granted, I've never stressed the NT version very much
(just did it as proof of concept), but it does work. (I also pulled the
source code, and built it under cygwin on NT: it's a bit more complicated
than your typical Windows software install, but it works)

Ross