pg_hba.conf

From
Craig May
Date:
Hi,

I'm recieving an error "No pg_hba.conf entry for host XXX, usr XXX, database
XXX."  I've modified the pg_hba.conf.sample file to allow all access, however
still getting the same message.  Any suggestions?

Regards,
Craig May

Re: pg_hba.conf

From
Craig May
Date:
I've renamed the file to "pg_hba.conf".  It's owner and groug are now postgres.The file is located in /usr/lib/pgsql/.
I'mstill receiving the same error.

On Mon, 04 Sep 2000 07:47:08 Christopher Sawtell wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Sep 2000, Craig May wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm recieving an error "No pg_hba.conf entry for host XXX, usr XXX,
database
> > XXX."  I've modified the pg_hba.conf.sample file to allow all access,
however
> > still getting the same message.  Any suggestions?
> you have copied pg_hba.conf.sample to pg_hba.conf havn't you?
>
> If that dosn't work check the permissions. The file has to readable by the
> pgsql server/backend.
>
> --
> Sincerely etc.,
>
>  NAME       Christopher Sawtell
>  CELL PHONE 021 257 4451
>  ICQ UIN    45863470
>  EMAIL      csawtell @ xtra . co . nz
>  CNOTES     ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/C/tutorials/sawtell_C.tar.gz
>
>  -->> Please refrain from using HTML or WORD attachments in e-mails to me
<<--

Re: pg_hba.conf

From
Christopher Sawtell
Date:

drfrog@smartt.com
Craig May wrote:

> I've renamed the file to "pg_hba.conf".  It's owner and groug are now postgres.
>  The file is located in /usr/lib/pgsql/.  I'm still receiving the same error.

if you are running redhat 6.X as i suspect

you should place that file in /var/lib/pgsql

not /usr/lib/pgsql

check /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql

to make sure {if you are under redhat}

Re: pg_hba.conf

From
Jan Wieck
Craig May wrote:

> I've renamed the file to "pg_hba.conf".  It's owner and groug are now postgres.
>  The file is located in /usr/lib/pgsql/.  I'm still receiving the same error.
   Network  setup?  Contents  of pg_hba.conf? How should someone   tell you what's wrong with the information you gave
us that   far?

Jan

Re: pg_hba.conf

From
Craig May
Date:
Ok,

Here are all the details:

Redhat 6.1
pgsql 7.0
Firewall open on port 3456

pg_hba.conf contains the following line

host         all        0.0.0.0       0.0.0.0           trust

and is now located in both:

/usr/lib/pgsql/ and  /var/lib/pgsql/

This file is owned by "postgres".

The error message is as follows:

"No pg_pba.conf entry for host 203.36.78.179, usr root, database reflexions"

I'm using the postgresql jdbc driver.   The machines are on the same subnet,
however, there are no additional relations between the machines.  The connection
is successful from localhost.  Finally, I have restarted the postgresql service
between every change.

Regards.
Craig May

Enth Dimension
http://www.enthdimension.com.au

On Mon, 04 Sep 2000 10:19:35 Jan Wieck wrote:
> Craig May wrote:
>
> > I've renamed the file to "pg_hba.conf".  It's owner and groug are now
postgres.
> >  The file is located in /usr/lib/pgsql/.  I'm still receiving the same
error.

>     Network  setup?  Contents  of pg_hba.conf? How should someone
>     tell you what's wrong with the information you gave  us  that
>     far?
>

> Jan
>
> --
>
> #======================================================================#
> # It's easier to get forgiveness for being wrong than for being right. #
> # Let's break this rule - forgive me.                                  #

Re: pg_hba.conf

From
Craig May
Date:
Found it!

The file should be located in /var/lib/pgsql/data/

Thanks for your help all =)