Re: pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Craig May
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-sql
Ok,

Here are all the details:

Redhat 6.1
pgsql 7.0
Firewall open on port 3456

pg_hba.conf contains the following line

host         all        0.0.0.0       0.0.0.0           trust

and is now located in both:

/usr/lib/pgsql/ and  /var/lib/pgsql/

This file is owned by "postgres".

The error message is as follows:

"No pg_pba.conf entry for host 203.36.78.179, usr root, database reflexions"

I'm using the postgresql jdbc driver.   The machines are on the same subnet,
however, there are no additional relations between the machines.  The connection
is successful from localhost.  Finally, I have restarted the postgresql service
between every change.

Regards.
Craig May

Enth Dimension