is there a mysql to postgresql sql converter?

From
Clay
Date:
if so id like to see it/have it!

if not is anyone interested in helping to make a script of some sort?

toodles

Re: [SQL] is there a mysql to postgresql sql converter?

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Clay wrote:

> if so id like to see it/have it!
>
> if not is anyone interested in helping to make a script of some sort?

In all generality, this is a rather complex issue: converting the database
schemas (removing non-standard datatypes, such as enum), converting the
queries, plus converting the C code. As I understand it, their C API uses
some sort of "fetch next row" function, whereas we have a "get nth row"
call. So you'd also have to change the program logic. And that covers only
C, of course. Probably won't happen too soon.

Re: is there a mysql to postgresql sql converter?

From
Clayton Cottingham
Date:
On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 01:13:23 +0200, Max Fonin said:

> Can give a link ?

can do :
http://freshmeat.net/projects/mysql2pgsql/?highlight=convert+sql

i havent tried their's

did try yours

it was nice to have the transactions!

>  On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 13:45:37 -0800
>  clayton cottingham <clayton@marketingchallenge.com> wrote:
>
>  > Max Fonin wrote:
>  > >
>  > > Hi.
>  > >
>  > > I'm writing MySQL->Postgres dump converter. E.g. it will convert only database dumps produced by mysqldump.
>  > > It's almost ready, problems are ENUM and SET types. I have problems with types emulation.
>  > > Maybe someone help me guys ?
>  > >
>  > > Anyway, some half-working version attached.
>  > >
>  > > Max Rudensky.
>  > >
>  > >   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  > >                Name: my2pg.pl
>  > >    my2pg.pl    Type: Perl Program (application/x-perl)
>  > >            Encoding: base64
>  >
>  >
>  > thats cool!!
>  >
>  > i thought i saw another converter in the last couple o months on
>  > freshmeat too

Re: is there a mysql to postgresql sql converter?

From
Max Fonin
Date:
Hi.

I'm writing MySQL->Postgres dump converter. E.g. it will convert only database dumps produced by mysqldump.
It's almost ready, problems are ENUM and SET types. I have problems with types emulation.
Maybe someone help me guys ?

Anyway, some half-working version attached.

Max Rudensky.

Attachment

Re: is there a mysql to postgresql sql converter?

From
Max Fonin
Date:
Can give a link ?

Max Fonin wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm writing MySQL->Postgres dump converter. E.g. it will convert only database dumps produced by mysqldump.
> It's almost ready, problems are ENUM and SET types. I have problems with types emulation.
> Maybe someone help me guys ?
>
> Anyway, some half-working version attached.
>
> Max Rudensky.

>                Name: my2pg.pl
>    my2pg.pl    Type: Perl Program (application/x-perl)
>            Encoding: base64

thats cool!!

i thought i saw another converter in the last couple o months on
freshmeat too

Re: is there a mysql to postgresql sql converter?

From
Max Fonin
Date:
Hi.

> > Can give a link ?
> can do :
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/mysql2pgsql/?highlight=convert+sql
Thank you.

BTW, if you interested in this tool, I may send you fresh versions or place it on the web.

Maybe you will or somebody help me with one problem ? Do you know PL/pgSQL and how to create new type in Postgres ?
The problem is that I can't use new type constructed with CREATE TYPE if transform functions written on PL/pgSQL.
Because PL/pgSQL doesn't support type "opaque", or I do something wrong. The same function on PL/pgSQL with
input argtype "text" or "int2" works fine, but when I simply change argtype to "opaque", I get "compilation error near
line0".

Source is below.

Thanks,
Max Rudensky.

BEGIN;

CREATE FUNCTION enum_access_Monday_in (opaque)RETURNS enum_access_MondayAS 'DECLARE    invalue ALIAS for $1;BEGIN    IF
invalue=''''OR invalue=''0'' THEN RETURN 0; END IF;    IF invalue=''Monday'' OR invalue=''1'' THEN RETURN 1; END IF;
IFinvalue=''Tuesday'' OR invalue=''2'' THEN RETURN 2; END IF;    IF invalue=''Wednesday'' OR invalue=''3'' THEN RETURN
3;END IF;    RAISE EXCEPTION ''incorrect input value: %'',invalue;END;'LANGUAGE 'plpgsql'WITH (ISCACHABLE);

CREATE FUNCTION enum_access_Monday_out (opaque)RETURNS opaqueAS 'DECLARE    outvalue ALIAS for $1;BEGIN    IF
outvalue=0THEN RETURN ''''; END IF;    IF outvalue=1 THEN RETURN ''Monday''; END IF;    IF outvalue=2 THEN RETURN
''Tuesday'';END IF;    IF outvalue=3 THEN RETURN ''Wednesday''; END IF;    RAISE EXCEPTION ''incorrect output value:
%'',outvalue;END;'LANGUAGE'plpgsql'WITH (ISCACHABLE);

CREATE TYPE enum_access_Monday (internallength = 2,input = enum_access_Monday_in,output =
enum_access_Monday_out,PASSEDBYVALUE
);

COMMIT;

MySQL -> Postgres dump converter

From
Max Fonin
Date:
Hi.

MySQL->Postgres dump converter is now available at http://ziet.zhitomir.ua/~fonin/code/my2pg.pl.
Still beta and bugsome version but working, supports MySQL ENUMs, near the end are SET emulation.
Please help me to test.

Max Rudensky.

Re: Re: is there a mysql to postgresql sql converter?

Date:
FYI, 7.1 will have a MySQL dump converter in /contrib.

> On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 01:13:23 +0200, Max Fonin said:
>
> > Can give a link ?
> >

> can do :
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/mysql2pgsql/?highlight=convert+sql
>
> i havent tried their's
>
> did try yours
>
> it was nice to have the transactions!
>

> >  On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 13:45:37 -0800
> >  clayton cottingham <clayton@marketingchallenge.com> wrote:
> >
> >  > Max Fonin wrote:
> >  > >
> >  > > Hi.
> >  > >
> >  > > I'm writing MySQL->Postgres dump converter. E.g. it will convert only database dumps produced by mysqldump.
> >  > > It's almost ready, problems are ENUM and SET types. I have problems with types emulation.
> >  > > Maybe someone help me guys ?
> >  > >
> >  > > Anyway, some half-working version attached.
> >  > >
> >  > > Max Rudensky.
> >  > >
> >  > >   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >  > >                Name: my2pg.pl
> >  > >    my2pg.pl    Type: Perl Program (application/x-perl)
> >  > >            Encoding: base64
> >  >
> >  >
> >  > thats cool!!
> >  >
> >  > i thought i saw another converter in the last couple o months on
> >  > freshmeat too

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [GENERAL] MySQL -> Postgres dump converter

Date:
FYI, we have a MySQL Perl script in 7.1beta.  Would you please
check that and see if you have any enhancements?  Thanks.