Re: [SQL] is there a mysql to postgresql sql converter? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [SQL] is there a mysql to postgresql sql converter?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Clay wrote:

> if so id like to see it/have it!
>
> if not is anyone interested in helping to make a script of some sort?

In all generality, this is a rather complex issue: converting the database
schemas (removing non-standard datatypes, such as enum), converting the
queries, plus converting the C code. As I understand it, their C API uses
some sort of "fetch next row" function, whereas we have a "get nth row"
call. So you'd also have to change the program logic. And that covers only
C, of course. Probably won't happen too soon.