Re: [SQL] How about a postgreSQL cookbook?

From
Clayton Cottingham
Date:
whatever works for the majority is fine with me!

irc is a great development tool, its been helping developers on a wide variety
of topics

it is a great tool for communicating things
that cannot wait for email
such as my pg server is down help! etc

ive already helped a few ppl on the channel and learned a few things too!

so come on in and learn/teach in this new irc thinktank

irc.stampede.org
#dbms

for those of you that missed it!

come on in the sql is fine!

Re: [SQL] How about a postgreSQL cookbook?

From
"D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain
Date:
Thus spake Clayton Cottingham
> irc is a great development tool, its been helping developers on a wide variety
> of topics
>
> it is a great tool for communicating things
> that cannot wait for email
> such as my pg server is down help! etc
>
> ive already helped a few ppl on the channel and learned a few things too!
>
> so come on in and learn/teach in this new irc thinktank
>
> irc.stampede.org
> #dbms

Or even #PostgreSQL

Date:
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" wrote:

> Thus spake Clayton Cottingham
> > irc is a great development tool, its been helping developers on a wide variety
> > of topics
> >
> > it is a great tool for communicating things
> > that cannot wait for email
> > such as my pg server is down help! etc
> >
> > ive already helped a few ppl on the channel and learned a few things too!
> >
> > so come on in and learn/teach in this new irc thinktank
> >
> > irc.stampede.org
> > #dbms
>
> Or even #PostgreSQL
>
> --
> D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@{druid|vex}.net>   |  Democracy is three wolves
> http://www.druid.net/darcy/                |  and a sheep voting on
> +1 416 425 1212     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.
>
> ************

yes
didnt want to really stop other dbms users from using a resource like this, since
there wasnt a
database irc channel i thought it best to start a globally oriented dbms irc
channel

if there begins to be a need to split another into the #PostgreSQL then sure
re: to many pg chats

besides some of the linux dbms users need a place to meet and discuss
anything database!

ttfn

Re: [SQL] How about a postgreSQL cookbook?

From
raptor
Date:
Yeah it will be good.
Meanwhile Postgres documentations is vary limited for some things.
Only occasional examples, and they are for easier things ... PL/PgSQL, examples for
LIMIT,OFFSET, CASE ...WHEN, PL/SQL ... and many more ....

Re: [SQL] How about a postgreSQL cookbook?

From
Ben Bennett
Date:
Okay, in a fit of boredom I knocked together a CGI that allows people
to add recipes to a cookbook.  This is done with mod-perl in Apache,
DBI, and of course Postgres.

Please let me know if you want stuff changed.  I am still playing with
the UI so it is a little rough.
 -ben